ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

We also have a 6’8 guy on campus today…stay tuned
Like the Hunt pickup but think this one would be helpful position wise for at least this season behind Bigs and hopefully Tyler. Everything I'm reading here says presently good possibility he's back than say a month ago. King and Dji gone next year so someone like Hunt was needed and better than getting unproven HS player.

Reactions: gcarter52
Like the Hunt pickup but think this one would be helpful position wise for at least this season behind Bigs and hopefully Tyler. Everything I'm reading here says presently good possibility he's back than say a month ago. King and Dji gone next year so someone like Hunt was needed and better than getting unproven HS player.
Seems to be a high energy/hyper guy...haven't seen him personally but just what I was told. Teams need those types of guys...like a Marcus

Lefties from Wagner always make damn good Spiders. Welcome to the RVA Mr Hunt.
Blake was special....a lot more special than many on here will ever realize. Blake shot 42.2% and 40.2% from 3 on high volume his 2 years at Wagner. Hunt shot 35%, 31%, and 28.7% from 3 his 3 years there. If Hunt can get back to the 35% form, he will be a real nice addition. I am thinking the better he shoots it, the more time he will get. But, overall, with 3 or 4 spots left before landing him, I would call this a good pick up, and I am glad we got him. He can take care of the ball, is pretty quick, and looks like he gets after it.

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
Seems to be a high energy/hyper guy...haven't seen him personally but just what I was told. Teams need those types of guys...like a Marcus
Are you talking Hunt or the 6'8 guy, or hopefully both? I was thinking Hunt seems like a Marcus type, and agree every team needs those. Marcus shot 40% from 3, and although it wasn't high volume, his form and quick release made me think he would be in that 35+% range on high volume. But, while Marcus seems to be a better shooter than Hunt, Hunt could be a better ball handler, and better at attacking the rim.

I thought Dji still has a Covid year after this year. Not saying he has to stay, but I don’t think this year is his last year of eligibility. He is the last UR player with the Covid option though.

We also have a 6’8 guy on campus today…stay tuned
No clue who SDad is talking about, but was looking at some 6'8 guys in the portal and saw this guy: Does anyone know if we have contacted 6'8 Daniel Deaver from Navy? 4 years at Navy, and averaged 13.6 points and 6.9 rebounds a game last year. Was 165-303 (54.5%) from 2 and 13-33 (39.4%) from 3. Just saw this and have not researched highlights or anything.

JuJu Murray will be taking a visit to Florida. Haven't seen anything else about us beyond his initial list of seven schools (which didn't include Florida) last week.

I thought Dji still has a Covid year after this year. Not saying he has to stay, but I don’t think this year is his last year of eligibility. He is the last UR player with the Covid option though.
Correct…I didn’t catch that with SouthJerseys post when I liked it😀 …hopefully the like button police didn’t see it 😂

Last edited:
Don’t know if mention here, but Love isn’t going to Michigan now. Thought how the hell is that happening, then read something to do with admissions? So much talent but seeing his bad shot selection decisions too often I can see why. Roy would have never put up with that crap!

Don’t know if mention here, but Love isn’t going to Michigan now. Thought how the hell is that happening, then read something to do with admissions? So much talent but seeing his bad shot selection decisions too often I can see why. Roy would have never put up with that crap!
From what I heard it was admissions too. Caleb would shoot you into the game....buuuuuut shoot you out of the game too. He will land on his feet.

He didn't have enough credits to transfer and would have had to take a heavy load of classes in the Spring and Summer to be eligible.

Don’t know if mention here, but Love isn’t going to Michigan now.
This was funny. I saw Sdad's post about a comittment, then looked at twitter and first thing I saw was Love's decommit from Michigan and had me thinking :).
As good as Love looked in the year they went to the championship game, he looked just as bad last year. Didn't watch a ton of UNC this past season, but when I did I was amazed at Love's at how poor his shot selection was and his ability to miss some many shots so badly. Has me wondering about Hubert's abilities again as he just seemed to let him ride.

Not sure, but are some people talking about one guy and someone else responding about another guy?

Reactions: regatw
6a0115709f071f970b017742e61b12970d.jpe

Reactions: Spiders4ever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT