ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

putting the right lineup together is crucial.
Burton is a heck of a talent. but if he came back and we put him out there with Nelson (or Dji) at the 1, plus Bigelow and Quinn ... we've got the same problem as this year. there's just not enough shooting.
Actually Bigelow under the basket, with Burton & Noyes in each corner, Roche at the three point line and Smith with the ball.

Now there is a lineup...

Reactions: SpiderK
Freeman and Leggett both headed to the portal now. Leggett at least is reportedly still considering staying at URI, but if I was Archie I would write him off and move on.

Last edited:
Yeah, Verbal Commits, Portal Report, some of the other guys on Twitter.

Anyway, another Incarnate Word guy, Jonathan Cisse. Played three years at JUCOs and then one at UIW.

Btw, for all the folks who still seem to think we are at a massive disadvantage against our competition due to academics, I present this case. Three years at JUCO, one year at academic juggernaut UIW.

There’s no way we are talking to this guy if we don’t feel we can get him in.

Reactions: nathanw19
Btw, for all the folks who still seem to think we are at a massive disadvantage against our competition due to academics, I present this case. Three years at JUCO, one year at academic juggernaut UIW.

There’s no way we are talking to this guy if we don’t feel we can get him in.
I feel like we have a history of talking to, and actually getting commits from, transfers that are then denied admission. Avila and Bernard, they were really good players too.

Johnny O'Neil out of American. Two years of eligibility left, same high school as Andre Weir. And Jordan Gaitley is DOBO at American.

Johnny O'Neil out of American. Two years of eligibility left, same high school as Andre Weir. And Jordan Gaitley is DOBO at American.
I was looking at this kid yesterday and figured we'd be on him. really good fit as a stretch 4 who could play the 5 in a pinch.

Anyone else feel that with all of these schools expressing interest, that some assistant coach is just swiping right on their portal profile and then it gets reported out that they are interested.
If no one has written a portal match making app, they should…

Wheeler is transferring out of the Louisville disaster. Has had trouble breaking into the lineup there, seeing only spot minutes and racking up more fouls than points this season.

Sal did indeed manage the feat, but only in one of his five years...55 fouls and 43 points as a sophomore.

• Haha
Another one out of High Point...wing Zack Austin. Two years remaining.

Should be just one. Don't see that he would qualify for a medical redshirt to get a sixth year.

The difference maker we need will not be found in the portal. We’ve had and have very good portal players and the three three this year are very good with lots of upside.

Some may recall Duncan Powell, a guy we were in a finalist list for but who never seemed like a good fit. One or both sides seemed to back off and he headed to NC A&T. He’s now transferring.

The outlook isn't pretty for Spiders next year anyway you look at it. I would prefer getting higher ranked players out of HS from P5/6 schools then lower league standouts. Best upside to having a good year. Enough transfers out there don't see us having a problem getting them at the 4, 5 spots being they think best way to get playing time.

Issue I have with CBB being so volatile how can we have any confidence in Mooney quickly getting new assembly up to speed. Never been his forte. IMO played Goose and Matty too much for what, pad his 55% record. I sure didn't see them making the tourney this year. And what the hell was it with Noyes riding pine? Even Walz in limited minutes looked comfortable out there doing what Mooney wants from his bigs.

Here's a P5 guy...Styles out of UNC. Two years left. Top 75 guy out of high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT