ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

That's the mentality of a loser. "We've never done it before, so obviously we never can do it."

They aspired to more. Eventually they will make the tournament. Some coach will be the first one to take them there, and then that "We've never won anything before" mentality won't hold water anymore.

Remember the W&M team in 70s that beat UNC and around time Keydets were really good and
beat the Albert King/Ernie Grunfield UT team. There were some big games back then in SoCon like
UR beating VATech in double OT at RC (Tech had Allen Bristow and great supporting cast that beat
Notre Dame (John Shumate) in the NIT).

For those who wanted us to pursue Vander Plas, here's his final list...

I especially hope Sal finds somewhere he can get good minutes. Seems like a very nice young man and he put up with a lot here. Hopefully “Hofstra” sends him an unlimited supply of Big Macs for the summer.

Reactions: Long Island Spiders
Just saw Dji share this on IG... @SpiderDad75 , what's the background on Isaiah? Coming from Wofford, not too shabby!
Good rebounder (cue SpiderK rebounding comment). offensively he is a great FT shooter and efficient from 2, but shoots most of his shots from 3. Unfortunately he only has shot 31% from 3 over his career, hopefully improves there or is more aggressive inside to take advantage of his great FT shooting.

So far have only heard of Wright taking Colorado visit last weekend. Have to think we're out of the running on him.

.335 for his career from 3, including a solid 38-98 (.388) a couple years ago.

.335 for his career from 3, including a solid 38-98 (.388) a couple years ago.
We just went through this...
66 of 214 for .308 vs D1
12 of 19 for .632 vs non-D1
to get the .335

I actually like the pick up, seems like he could be an upgrade from Cayo in a few ways. But for threes, hitting so well against lower competition means he can make them, we just have to find a way to get him open against better competition.

We just went through this...
66 of 214 for .308 vs D1
12 of 19 for .632 vs non-D1
to get the .335

I actually like the pick up, seems like he could be an upgrade from Cayo in a few ways. But for threes, hitting so well against lower competition means he can make them, we just have to find a way to get him open against better competition.
So, if he makes 3s against Fordham, they won't count? I don't see a lot of other options other than Tyler. If we had 3 or 4 guys back who have made 35+% from 3, maybe I wouldn't be as optimistic about him. But, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could easily be our best or 2nd best 3 point shooter next year. Let's not forget Tyler started red hot, but was only a 31% shooter from 3 his last 32 games. Anyone want to criticize his 3s while we are busy getting on Bigelow's? I sure hope not because we need 3s from Tyler next year. Taking out his D2 games ( because they aren't really 22 foot shots, they are lay ups I guess), he has had 16 games in 2 years where he made multiple 3s while shooting 40% or better from 3. I don't feel like going through all of our guys, but how many returning guys other than Tyler do you think we have that have come close to that? If he shoots just 33% next year, but gives us about 8-10 games with multiple 3s at 40+% shooting, he will be a huge addition for us.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I have mentioned Carr a couple times on here. He is on an upward trajectory. Really surprised Moon was not after him first time around - being a PA guy. We know, we know, his dad or uncle played at Delaware was the excuse, but looky - he is leaving Delaware. Really came on at the end of the season like the blurb above indicates. He would definitely fit into the PF type role I want. with Luka leaving Davidson, I think he used up eligibility?, Davidson can probably sell on PT right away next to Menenga.

Would hate to see Davidson get another guy like this.

Feels like a mortal lock, especially after your post :) But that is what Davidson does. Lose Luka and Jones, but get Kochera from W&M and now maybe Carr. They would be formidable again. Don't want at VCU either but I'm not really seeing that even though they have a need now.

23 yes u were on this guy early, good scouting. Add Carr w our 13th spot and we going back to back ncaa.

I have mentioned Carr a couple times on here. He is on an upward trajectory. Really surprised Moon was not after him first time around - being a PA guy. We know, we know, his dad or uncle played at Delaware was the excuse, but looky - he is leaving Delaware. Really came on at the end of the season like the blurb above indicates. He would definitely fit into the PF type role I want. with Luka leaving Davidson, I think he used up eligibility?, Davidson can probably sell on PT right away next to Menenga.
The 6'9" 210 LB 41% three point shooter?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT