ADVERTISEMENT

Tracy Woodson anounces new staff

61 Spider

Starter
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2004
which looks strong on paper although I'm not familiar with any to them. I like the fact that he has a baseball strength and conditioning coach which should reduce our constant injury problems. He also has an assistant from Miami who was a strong hitter throughout his career. He should be able to improve us at the plate. I feel his pitching coach will be a benefit to our pitching staff which is a strength on this team. Tracy feels he is a very good recruiter and judge of talent. Lastly he hired a coach in charge of baseball operations which to my knowledge we never had before. Tracy said he will try to upgrade our schedule with more challenging teams and if we can win some of these games , our RPI will be much more respectful. All of this should bring in better talent for us and hopefully some A10 championships and strong showing in the NCAA tournament. I'm excited and hope to get out to some fall practices.

Coach Woodson seems to be making all the right moves; certainly appears to be a winner. Go Spiders!

If memory serves me correctly, McGowan won a Virginia state baseball championship on the James River squad a few years back. (per ODU bio, in 2008 and 2009).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT