ADVERTISEMENT

Top 4 seed

Shame VT, you don't believe guys can improve?
LOL. So, as much crap as I get on here everyday for being too positive, I can't share an opinion like this? After reading through this and other threads, you choose me to say "shame" to? Wow. Okay.

Of course, guys can improve. I just don't think we have on our roster that 30+ minute 13-17 points a game PG we are used to seeing. Next year will be Nelson's 3rd year here (2nd playing) and Dji's 4th. How much improvement would you say is needed? Would you agree a heck of a lot if we want to even be close to where we want to be?

Reactions: Zeeter
I’ve seen some nice flashes from Nelson and Randolph this year with the ability to create their own shot and be a leading scorer, but I think they have some growing to do to fill that void. Just the first time in awhile where looking at next year’s squad, you can’t really pinpoint who that guy (or guys) is going to be…
Both can help us. I'm not sure either one can be the 30+ minute a game PG we need. I was impressed with Nelson early this year, but the drop off has been concerning. I like Randolph’s game and think he can be a good scorer for us. Even this year, I would like to see more minutes for Randolph at non PG (a few at PG is fine as well).

Reactions: nathanw19
I can't help but figure a decent glimpse at what next year will look like is to picture this season's squad without Tyler and MFG.....not a pretty sight.
I still say those are the 2 we haven't replaced.
Smith replaces Goose
Tanner replaces Crab
We have to 'ships left, but we will see...

Fair question, but I think we are just a good PG away from being a real good team. I do think we have some talent, but just like it's hard for a talented football team to win without a good QB, it's hard for a talented basketball team to win without a good PG. I know it's the coach's job to recruit and get the right guys here, and Mooney has always had a good PG, so I have to have hope that Smith can come in here and be the missing piece. If not, maybe find one in the portal. If not, blame Mooney for not getting one because next year will be the same as this year if we have the same guys at PG.
I have to agree with VT here. PG has killed us all year, play and leadership. Our guards are no threat to score or assist. So teams are packing it in tight to stop Burton and Quinn.

Reactions: Zeeter and VT4700
LOL. So, as much crap as I get on here everyday for being too positive, I can't share an opinion like this? After reading through this and other threads, you choose me to say "shame" to? Wow. Okay.

Of course, guys can improve. I just don't think we have on our roster that 30+ minute 13-17 points a game PG we are used to seeing. Next year will be Nelson's 3rd year here (2nd playing) and Dji's 4th. How much improvement would you say is needed? Would you agree a heck of a lot if we want to even be close to where we want to be?
My response was because your post was so out of character. intended /s but I guess it was to guarded.

Here's my ranking. Did I forget someone?

UVA
VCU
Tech
Liberty
JMU
Norfolk State
Radford
Mason
ODU
W&M
UR
Hampton

This thread is looking worse and worse. Get ready for a couple more Ls. Might not have been right about going 0-7 in the last 7 games but were 1-2 so far. Please bring back the billboard.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
so this weekend the top 3 teams in conference standings all won, the next 2 teams in the standings lost, then of the remaining teams only one is above .500 (GMU at 8-7)

Davidson, Umass, URI, and Loyola are getting their pillows fluffed but Davidson has a chance to get out of that group IMO looking at their remaining schedule. Our remaining schedule is much tougher and if Davidson got hot and we continue to struggle these next couple of weeks we would take their spot in the bottom 4.

so this weekend the top 3 teams in conference standings all won, the next 2 teams in the standings lost, then of the remaining teams only one is above .500 (GMU at 8-7)

Davidson, Umass, URI, and Loyola are getting their pillows fluffed but Davidson has a chance to get out of that group IMO looking at their remaining schedule. Our remaining schedule is much tougher and if Davidson got hot and we continue to struggle these next couple of weeks we would take their spot in the bottom 4.
6 teams play on the first day…

Btw, it’s kind of amazing that this Top4 talk was started only 12 days ago. Chances while not good then have gone downhill notably since.

We should have Opposite George Costanza’d this topic.

Btw, it’s kind of amazing that this Top4 talk was started only 12 days ago. Chances while not good then have gone downhill notably since.

We should have Opposite George Costanza’d this topic.
I never got this Top 4 talk. Never thought we had any chance given how the season was panning out even before string of recent losses. Human nature is optimism, but optimism takes back seat to realism.

I’m still trying to figure out the rationale for taking Friday off. I guess it is a TV thing although that barely makes sense.

Or it’s just a shameless manipulation to get people to stay an extra night in Brooklyn.

Maybe Barclays had already booked a top end Kpop concert and couldn’t get out of it.

maybe the lower end coaches supported it thinking a day rest would give them a better chance to pull off the upset

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I’m still trying to figure out the rationale for taking Friday off. I guess it is a TV thing although that barely makes sense.

Or it’s just a shameless manipulation to get people to stay an extra night in Brooklyn.

Maybe Barclays had already booked a top end Kpop concert and couldn’t get out of it.

Nobody can figure it out. I travel a lot of and have yet to find a fan of any team that likes the Friday day off.

If they think it will help attendance, they are flat out wrong. Most people I've talked to have said that they will just wait to see if their team makes it to the semi-final on Saturday, then they will use Friday as the travel day. Unless you are just a basketball junkie, you won't go to Brooklyn until Friday or Saturday.

For the BB junkies, like my wife and I, we will be there Tuesday through Sunday, win or lose.

Nobody can figure it out. I travel a lot of and have yet to find a fan of any team that likes the Friday day off.

If they think it will help attendance, they are flat out wrong. Most people I've talked to have said that they will just wait to see if their team makes it to the semi-final on Saturday, then they will use Friday as the travel day. Unless you are just a basketball junkie, you won't go to Brooklyn until Friday or Saturday.

For the BB junkies, like my wife and I, we will be there Tuesday through Sunday, win or lose.
Who the hell wants to stay an extra night north of Fredericksburg for any reason ever?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT