ADVERTISEMENT

The Fight in Ukraine and its Heroes

I do not think that this country has the will to stand up and fight against the tyrants from China and Russia. Would our people fight if our enemies were marching down Monument Avenue in Richmond or Pennsylvania Avenue in DC?
I have more faith in the American people than you do, I think if someone attacked our country they would regret the day.

MTG is a star GOP fundraiser and a headline speaker at every one of their big rallies. She speaks for a very large portion of the Republican party.

Does Kevin McCarty, speak for the Republican party? He's the friggin' House minority leader, so I'd say yes. And he is also ready to throw the Ukrainians under the bus.

MTG is a star GOP fundraiser and a headline speaker at every one of their big rallies. She speaks for a very large portion of the Republican party.

Does Kevin McCarty, speak for the Republican party? He's the friggin' House minority leader, so I'd say yes. And he is also ready to throw the Ukrainians under the bus.
So, if this country went to war, would you join?

So, if this country went to war, would you join?
That's a total red herring.

I'm not sure the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines wants a 68-year-old guy with two replaced hips. They didn't take those types in WWII. But I certainly would do my part for a real war, not a manufactured, hopeless fiasco like Vietnam or Iraq.

I also think they could just round up all those so-called patriot whackjob poll watchers/governor kidnappers/Capitol invaders who love wearing camo and carrying their assault rifles with them everywhere they go. If they're so interested in protecting their freedom, maybe they should serve and support the country instead of trying to overthrow democracy.

That's a total red herring.

I'm not sure the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines wants a 68-year-old guy with two replaced hips. They didn't take those types in WWII. But I certainly would do my part for a real war, not a manufactured, hopeless fiasco like Vietnam or Iraq.

I also think they could just round up all those so-called patriot whackjob poll watchers/governor kidnappers/Capitol invaders who love wearing camo and carrying their assault rifles with them everywhere they go. If they're so interested in protecting their freedom, maybe they should serve and support the country instead of trying to overthrow democracy.
So, the answer is no.

The military doesn't take people my age, ace.

But you keep deflecting, and changing the subject.

Reactions: Spiderwiz
The military doesn't take people my age, ace.

But you keep deflecting, and changing the subject.
So if the Chinese or the Russians come marching up your street, like they have done in Ukraine, would you fight them? So far, you have said you will not fight, because the army will not take you.

what is the relevance of asking about physically fighting invaders in our streets when the issue is the potential Republican withdrawal of financial support for Ukraine?

So if the Chinese or the Russians come marching up your street, like they have done in Ukraine, would you fight them? So far, you have said you will not fight, because the army will not take you.
Some of us live in the real world.

Wolverines!

Lone dog waits for its family, all of whom were killed by the Russians.

The dog Krym died, whose photo on the ruins of the house spread all over the social networks. The owners of the dog died on the night of September 29, when Russia shelled the Dnieper and killed the whole family - mother Natalya, her two children Vasilisa and Ivan, and grandmother Alla.

Here is a post from a Russian Telegram channel that flagrantly touts Russia has stolen 150,000 children from Ukraine. This is a war crime.

In 2022 alone, more than 150,000 children were evacuated from the troubled Donbass. Many brothers and sisters were left without families as a result of attacks from Ukraine, were scattered in different shelters. Today they find new families and try to feel again what a happy childhood is.

Are you doing that today in your world?
I have no problem stating that if the enemies of my country invaded this great land, I would fight them with any means possible. If necessary, I would attack them as they were walking down the street. I would fight to stop a column of tanks with a single Javelin missile launcher. I would fire at planes with stinger missiles. I would undertake partisan efforts to sabotage them. I would climb in the trenches. From the very beginning of time, our people have stepped forward in times of need. I could do no differently. Yes, I would proudly give my life for this Republic.

I have no problem stating that if the enemies of my country invaded this great land, I would fight them with any means possible. If necessary, I would attack them as they were walking down the street. I would fight to stop a column of tanks with a single Javelin missile launcher. I would fire at planes with stinger missiles. I would undertake partisan efforts to sabotage them. I would climb in the trenches. From the very beginning of time, our people have stepped forward in times of need. I could do no differently. Yes, I would proudly give my life for this Republic.
Yes, but do you see those enemies in your street today? and do you have those weapons at home personally?

More than 100 women, girls really, have died fighting for Ukraine.
I am struck by this girl's braided hair with a bow in it. This breaks my heart. She is so young and innocent. I pray that she is never captured by the Russians.

Last edited:
The Ukrainian people have earned respect and support.

This is Nastya from Soledar. For 9 months now, the girl has been living with relatives in the basement of a completely destroyed house under constant shelling. She lost her parents.

I would count this Russian official, Ilya Yashin, a hero. He holds office in the Moscow municipal district of Krasnoselsky, of which he was the top official from 2017 to 2021. He was just convicted of spreading information about the Bucha massacres. He was sentenced to 9 years of hard labor in a penal colony. These are his last words before the court.

When the hostilities began, I did not doubt for a second what I should do. I must be in Russia, I must speak the truth loudly, and I must stop the bloodshed with all my might. It physically hurts me to realize how many people died in this war, how many destinies were crippled and how many families lost their homes. This simply cannot be tolerated. And I swear I don't regret anything. It is better to spend 10 years behind bars, being an honest man, than silently burning with shame for the blood that your government sheds.

Using this rostrum, I would also like to address Russian President Vladimir Putin. To the man who is responsible for this massacre, who signed the law on "military censorship" and by whose will I am in prison.

Vladimir Vladimirovich! Looking at the consequences of this monstrous war, you probably already understand what a grave mistake you made on February 24. Our army is not greeted with flowers. We are called punishers and occupiers. The words "death" and "destruction" are now strongly associated with your name.
You have brought terrible misfortune to the Ukrainian people, who will probably never forgive us. But you are at war not only with the Ukrainians, but also with your compatriots.
You send hundreds of thousands of Russians into the heat of battle, many of whom will never return home, having turned into dust. Many will remain crippled and go crazy from what they saw and experienced. For you, this is just statistics of losses, numbers in columns. And for many families, it is the unbearable pain of losing husbands, fathers, and sons.
You are depriving the Russians of their home, ”

Reactions: urfan1
I am struck by the anger and courage of the Ukrainians. This very young soldier spoke to the mother and sister of his fallen comrade. The video is only 48 seconds long, but the words say it all.
For God's sake, President Biden, give them just 50 tanks.

For those of you who think this can't happen to us, consider this. This woman was on the 7th floor of her apartment building. Her parents were in the kitchen when this happened. They are no longer. This is a 23 year old women who lost her husband 4 months ago. Her apartment building was hit by a Russian Excalibur rocket fired from the black sea, 1000 km away. Look at this and think of New York or LA. We as a country better get serious.

Last edited:

Kevin McCarthy clearly said Republican support for is strong. He really put a Russian journalist in his place.

There is at least one 🕷️ on the front lines. Was a rugger at UR with me and owned a small business in Ukraine. Fortunately, he was able to get his wife and young daughter out to Georgia. He and his squad are doing as well as possible, given the circumstances.
We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Putin's invasion of Ukraine has affected so many lives. He is doing the right thing.

There are so many heroes who died serving their country. that we lose count. Heroes stand up to oppression and tyranny. This is an obituary of Victoria Amelina, who was killed by a missile attack, a little over a week ago. She fought Russia in her own way.

She "knew that being a writer made her a target for Russia. She was aware that the invading forces had lists of activists and intellectuals to eliminate, but she also understood her country’s history: in March 2022, summoning one of the darkest pages in Ukrainian literary history – the murder of a generation of Ukrainian writers during the Stalinist purges of the 1930s, known as the “executed renaissance” – she wrote that “there is a real threat that Russians will successfully execute another generation of Ukrainian culture – this time by missiles and bombs”.

"As the assault on Ukraine and its culture unfolded, Victoria set aside fiction writing and trained as a war crimes investigator with the Ukrainian human rights group Truth Hounds. She travelled to areas liberated from Russian occupation and recorded the testimonies of witnesses and survivors."

I would say that this 19 year-old Ukrainian women is a hero. Today is July 20, the people of Odessa have been shelled relentlessly at night, since Russia pulled out of the grain deal. She is in an apartment with bombs raining down around her. This reminds me of the blitz against Britain in World War 2. I suggest that you watch this 30-second clip. It is sobering.

More than 4.8 million Ukrainians have been forcibly removed from Ukraine to Russia since the invasion began; 700,000 were children.

Kremlin-appointed Children’s Rights Commissioner Maria Lvova-Belova confirmed on July 31 that Russia has transferred 4.8 million Ukrainians, including over 700,000 children, to the Russian Federation since the beginning of the war.[20] In a report on the activities “authorized by the President of the Russian Federation for children’s rights” in 2022, Lvova-Belova claimed that Russia has “received” 4.8 million Ukrainians since February 2022 and noted that the vast majority of the 700,000 children who arrived to Russia did not have parental or guardian supervision.

Here is a picture of a women injured by a Russian attack. It won a UK award for one of the best pictures of the year. I would say both the photographer and the subject are heroes.

20_ukraine%20face.jpeg

Sometimes nature takes a hand in Ukraine’s fight against Russia. In Miami, an angry dolphin attacks a Russian.

Here is the translation:

The dolphin was actually a Colonel in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

On the coast of Miami, Florida, USA, an angry dolphin attacked a Russian woman and tried to drown her in front of children.

The heroes of Ukraine are those children who will grow up stronger and who will create a freer greater Ukraine. We must stop the Russian terror.

I would say that the Australians are heroes of Ukraine. They sold Ukraine cardboard drones, which apparently are undetectable by Russian air defense systems. These drones took out an airfield at Kursk with top Russian airplanes. Like all drones, there are not water proof.

Here is a demonstration of the lethality of these drones.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT