ADVERTISEMENT

Tarrant Court is a Reality!

Great honor for a great coach! I am hoping in 10 years the debate is on to rename the Robins Center the Mooney Center.

Reactions: gcarter52
am very confident that he did not have to donate millions to have this done. very deserved and overdo, congrats Dick

Reactions: gcarter52
He was quoted as saying that he thought these things were only done for Hall of Fame
Coaches. I can't imagine anyone doing more for a program than Coach Tarrant did for
Richmond basketball, and for U of Richmond sports in general. Congratulations Coach!

It is about time, Coach Tarrant you deserve it. You gave me my nickname, Kool when I was manager of the basketball team in the late 70s.

Reactions: Ulla1
Long time coming and glad it happened during his lifetime! Gosh I didn't realize he was 86 years old where does the time go?

Reactions: SpiderK
Congrats to Coach T, well deserved! Likely the most consistently successful Coach in the history of the University.

FINALLY. Coach Tarrant is a living legend and deserves this honor. I applaud the athletic department for making this a reality.

Doole's is a great guy, good alum, that made his success level hurt that much more. I often wonder if he could have turned it around with a few more seasons, but I'm happy with the decision made to change at the time we did. But let's not detract from this thread --- Coach T deserves his time!

Is he really 86 that I read in one article? He looks great! Well deserved and
honor that should have come sooner.

Is he really 86 that I read in one article? He looks great! Well deserved and
honor that should have come sooner.

November 1981 is nearly 34 years ago...where did the time go?

But back to the topic at hand...
Congratulations, Coach!

glad to see Coach Tarrant honored...

after the tough years in the 60's and 70's lots of folks were wondering if UR could ever field championship caliber basketball...

he proved we could and set the bar against which all of his successors will be measured...

Congrats Coach Tarrant...job well done!

Go Spiders!

Coach T showed us how to do what many only dreamed was possible -- for that we thank you. And we love Mrs. Coach, what a sweet lady!

Coach Tarrant was the coach nobody wanted to see in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT