ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Prologue - Villanova

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Wildcats come in for what probably is the most important football game ever played at The Brick House on campus...most eyes in the CAA and FCS will be on this match-up Saturday...

Nova has earned their slight favorites status...only the Indians have challenged them since their tough loss to Syracuse in their opener...their offense is just as powerful as our Strauss/Barnette led pre injury machine...but our Rocco led offense still has enough power to keep us competitive...

our defense has been building momentum and making game changing big plays...they must demonstrate they can do it versus a premier opponent: Nova

finally, it's November in which the Spiders have thrived lately...Rocco has stated before an effective rushing attack (controlling the ball/clock) and the defense (big plays) win championships in November...may Richmond have both on Saturday...we need this game much more than the Wildcats...

I'm with Mr. Peanut on this one...put it all together and the Spiders should have "just enough" on Saturday afternoon...

enjoy The Prologue...

Go Spiders!

Prologue - Villanova

Originally posted by mojo-spider:
Wildcats come in for what probably is the most important football game ever played at The Brick House on campus.
I would agree with this but i said it for the ODU game 2 years ago and we got smoked and i said it for the UNH game in September and we lost. I feel like we're snake bitten in big games.

Let's just call this 'another game'.

Simple question:

Since Coach Rocco arrived here, have we won a game yet as an underdog?

Originally posted by SpiderRick:
Simple question:

Since Coach Rocco arrived here, have we won a game yet as an underdog?
Off the top of my head, Delaware and William and Mary last year. Probably Villanova during his first season.

I'm just guessing, but believe Spider victories in Rocco's first season as underdogs may have been @ Villanova, home versus JMU (Strauss 1st game and believe Pukes were Top 10 FCS) and maybe even the grand finale win @ W&M...

not sure about last season's road wins @ Stony Brook and DE, but being below .500 we may well have been dogs, but they were not "big" games...

however the question is a valid one...some Liberty fans had the same concern regarding big games...that Coach couldn't win the big ones...

Hoping the question is answered tomorrow...

Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page

I think if you look at Liberty beating AppState at Boone though AppState has struggled, it is at FBS level now as far as scholies. That gave me a feel for our big our win at Liberty was. I feel the biggest test of where our growth is will be how well our defense plays against a very strong offense. The other test will be how well our OC calls the plays as I think sometimes our offense bottles up cause of some very inconsistent play calling. We need more consistent, smooth flowing , make sense play calling.

JMU 2 years ago was #2 in the nation when they played us. They weren't great (didn't make the playoffs) but not knowing how Strauss was going to do I call that the big win

Agree the Villanova win in 2012 was a big one. Delaware and W&M last year felt good but we were playing for pride and not the playoffs.

Rocco has played competition much superior to Villanova and beaten them. Expect our QB to show everyone who the real QB is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT