ADVERTISEMENT

Seniors?

Dji and DeLonnie are both academic seniors who will have one more year of eligibility after this year. I believe DeLonnie is expected to return, while Dji has not officially announced yet.

King, Quinn, Bigelow, and Harris are all in their last year of eligibility and can't return next season.

Reactions: urfan1
Unfortunately, in todays day and age it makes no sense to announce you are coming back, unless you already know market value and have an NIL deal in place. It's kind of like free agency, you see what the "home" team offers - if it is crazy low you can put your name in the portal and get some comparison numbers.

The Dji piece is rather short and just says that discussions will happen after the season, which I think has been typical for all the players with the extra Covid year.

Reactions: urfan1 and spider23
Yeah, the JOC bit on Dji is just pulled from his question at the press conference a few days ago. Around the 4:20 mark.

like Burton, Dji will have graduated so he certainly might move on and nobody could blame him.
but to me, losing Dji would be even more crushing. I just love his game.
everyone in this starting line-up is important but he seems like the glue.

Yes, Dji is what we call a "program guy". Finally healthy we are seeing the impact he has over the course of a game. Knows what is expected, fills in where needed, plays defense, passes, rebounds, scores. As much as we lose this season, if we can return a core of DLo, Dji, Tyne, Walz, Roche - feel good that we can add in the portal to be a contender again next year. Hoping we can have impact from a 2 or 3 of Tanner, Noyes, Soulis, Smith or the two freshman. Need an athlete that can play defense a la Bigs or Harris, and the a King clone (I don't think we will find a King clone but maybe a 15 point scorer that can play super defense?).

Next year I am looking at

Hunt
Tyne
Smith
TBA

Walz
Soulis
TBA

Tanner
Robinson
McGlothin

Bailey