ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Composition

I would be embarrassed if our fans did what VCU fans do on twitter and other social media sites. It is off-putting, classless and cringeworthy.

Completely agree and well said. Trolling some high school kids twitter account with please come to VCU, Willie Wade will make you a star NBA is just pathetic.

As for Buckingham, I know he has publically said in the past, his top 2 schools were VCU and UR. Maybe that has changed though. It looks like he made visits to both us and the Rams back in April.

Depth Chart

Point Guard:

SDJ (Jr)
Khwan Fore (Fr)

Shooting Guard:
Julius Johnson (Fr)
Jesse Pistokache (Fr)

Small Forward:
Trey Davis (Sr)
Josh Jones (Jr)
KoVien Dominaus (Fr)

Power Forward:
Terry Allen (Sr)
Deion Taylor (Sr)
Marshal Wood (Jr)

Center:
TJ Cline (Jr)
Paul Friendshuh (Fr)

Good early discussion thread. Would like to see starting 5 of TA, TJ, SDJ, TD as the 3 and JJones as the 2 with DT off the bench giving it is all in trying to duplicate what ANO was as the banger in the middle. Thinking though DT starts and would tell me JJones hasn't progressed in preseason practices.

Maybe either Julius or even Pisto emerge quickly but probably won't happen with what needs to be learned in CM's system. KF should be the PG sub and MW's time is a mystery to me. If shows a lot, no reason he couldn't get more time than DT. Also if PF shows enough no reason he can't take away some of TD's time. I guess that makes 10 players vying for time with 8/9 eventually getting it.

I continue to say having DT and TD on the court together is more a - than a +. Possibly the best A10 frontcourt tandem of TJ and TA down low and strong possibility of only SDJ being the player you confidently want to throw it out to for the 3PT jumper. Yes, need to play good D but why not let the other team worry about defending us from the start. That's why so eager to see if JJones or maybe Julius can emerge as that 3PT shooter. And if MW can shoot would his defense be that deficient to not play more. From what I see and looking at the stats, CM's offense stills revolves around being successful from deep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT