======

Fr-5
RFr-4
RSo-2
RJr-3
Gr-1 (1yr)

Total Rostered-86

Last edited:
Know Foster Singleton was injured last year. Is he off roster due to injury? There is another Singleton
still at Trinity.

Probably over 100! They are state schools with lots of walkons.
Well that leads me to a hypothetical question. Richmond gives a number of academic/social need scholarships.
If that 310 lb, 6’5” kid on a “need basis” scholarship says, maybe I’ll try out for football while I’m here. Is he a walk-on, or automatically a scholar athlete and counts against the football scholarship?

Well that leads me to a hypothetical question. Richmond gives a number of academic/social need scholarships.
If that 310 lb, 6’5” kid on a “need basis” scholarship says, maybe I’ll try out for football while I’m here. Is he a walk-on, or automatically a scholar athlete and counts against the football scholarship?

has more to do with his recruited vs non-recruited status

The 2021 class shouldn’t be large.3OL,3DL,DB,QB,WR unless there is additional attrition.If the Ivy’s don’t play in the Spring there should be a large number of potential graduate transfers that hit the Transfer Portal.Ivy’s up until now don’t redshirt.

Russ says we going to have a roster numbering somewhere in 90s for Fall 2021.He expects all RSrs to return for Fall 2021 in order to pursue graduate degrees.

Reactions: KE Spider
hate to see anyone feel the need to leave, but wish him the best of luck

hate to see anyone feel the need to leave, but wish him the best of luck

8 LBs remain rostered-all return.Frosh year usual tough year for all.Pandemic.No football.LB competition will be tough.His sis got full ride ship to UNC for soccer.

Kid has size and 4 years of eligibility.He’ll land on his feet.

Reactions: urfan1
Attrition since 7/3/20 Roster:

Donaven Tennyson WR ( graduate transfer from Vanderbilt)
Roland Williams DB (transfer from JUCO)
Markus Vinson DB(likely graduated)
Devon Perry RB( likely graduated)
Holden Ayers OL frosh
Jordan Smith LB frosh
Mateo Peric K PWO frosh
Wistar Allen LB frosh
Marquez Taylor(transfer portal) DL PWO frosh

We have lost 3 frosh that were on football scholarship

Last edited:
Ugh I thought I remember King being a good recruiting win for us. He's already been wiped from the website.

Highly touted out of Charlotte Catholic.PWO from UNC.

Here is UR decriptor on Signing Day.

Nick King • DL • 6-2 • 265 • Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Catholic
Led Charlotte Christian to the 2018 3A North Carolina State Championship … Won three state championships during his career, including the 2017 state title with current Richmond running back Milan Howard … Named the 3A State Championship game Defensive Most Valuable Player with 6.5 total tackles … Earned First Team All-Conference as a senior … Posted 100 total tackles on the season with an impressive 17 sacks and 20 tackles for loss … Scored one defensive touchdown … Ranked the No. 20 defensive lineman in all of FCS by HERO Sports … Earned Second Team All-Conference as a junior.

we’ve had an usually high amount of attrition.

Russ did mention on the Webinar tonight that they may still sign an additional 2 incoming freshmen and that he was looking for the NCAA Quiet period to resume on June 1,2021.

Russ did mention on the Webinar tonight that they may still sign an additional 2 incoming freshmen and that he was looking for the NCAA Quiet period to resume on June 1,2021.

Anything of note from the webinar or just the typical 'gee shucks we need to get better with our gap fits' from coach and pom pom waiving from Philly Bob?

We’ve got 75 rostered now.66 will play this Spring.3 RBs only.We’ve got 14 on tap as incoming frosh this Fall including PWOs.He’s looking to bring in 2 additional frosh.Not transfers.
That would bring us to 91.We’ll see.

First 15 minutes spent on Covid protocols.Yawner.

Run through O then D then new coaches.No surprises.

50 mins coulda been 30 mins. Max.

6pm listen with AirPods during dinner not overly convenient.

Webinar was split screen Russ/Bob with prepared/programmed Q+A.

Last edited:
In absentia since 2019 roster:

Should have been on 2020-21 roster(12 players)

WISTAR ALLEN
HOLDEN AYERS
JORDAN SMITH
ROLAND WILLIAMS
BEN MAFFE
DEVON PERRY
JORDAN PAYNE
NICK KING
JOEL CAMPOS
KRIS SEEKFORD
ANTHONIE POWELL
REED POWELL

Add in the 8 injured guys,this Spring v 2019 roster we were down 20.

If we bring in the intended 14 frosh + get back most of the injured 8,it puts the roster at pretty close to 2019 roster levels,assuming no additional attrition.

The 1-time player transfer rule(no sit out) will play havoc with smaller FCS rosters between now and May 1st.

Last edited:
That didn’t take long

There is a back story to this which may involve possible tampering by other recent ex UR defensive coaches that now work for certain NC public institutions FBS programs.

Last edited:
I can’t tell what is normal attrition vs what is not but damn that hurts to lose some guys on defense since our offense hasn’t been anything to write home about.

Seems like we are headed in the wrong direction towards the goal of having 90-100 players on the roster.

The transfer portal is going to make us a developmental league

It's reasonable for the players but horrible for the teams.

The transfer portal is going to make us a developmental league

It's reasonable for the players but horrible for the teams.
There are 1800 players in the portal with no where to go. It's horrible for the players too. Kids are jumping in without any game film and getting bad advice from their families and friends. If you can't get on the field at your current school what makes you think another school would be interested? Unless you are leaving a P5 to play FCS. Unfortunately there are too many in the portal trying to go up from FCS to P5 and they will not get there. Unless you are All-Conference or an All-American at the FCS level why would a P5 consider you? You obviously weren't a 4 or 5 star coming out of HS, or you wouldn't be in the FCS. The P5s would rather get those star guys and develop them. While in theory the portal sounds good for the players it is actually hurting them. It is teaching them to run when something doesn't go their way instead of earning what they want. Take away the portal but leave the one time transfer rule of not sitting out a year. I know some coaches are always looking for the next best opportunity and show no loyalty to their current school/players but these kids need to learn how to adapt and overcome adversity, not run.

I haven’t followed this as closely as I should have.
Was the FCS not able to block this. Or is it a matter that
the NCAA fears the P5 too much to allow anyone stand in the way?
I don’t understand the NCAA’s purpose for allowing the FCS to basically
be squashed by the FBS.

I haven’t followed this as closely as I should have.
Was the FCS not able to block this. Or is it a matter that
the NCAA fears the P5 too much to allow anyone stand in the way?
I don’t understand the NCAA’s purpose for allowing the FCS to basically
be squashed by the FBS.
Isn't this the consequence of a rule change designed with basketball in mind? I don't think they gave much thought to its effect on FCS football.

Don’t forget there are a ton of FBS players in the transfer portal that will need an FCS home.

What God taketh away,God gives back.

We have lost a young starter which hurt(thanks to both UNCC and App State tampering) and 2 subs,Holmes who had 2 hip surgeries some 2 years ago and appeared underweight at LB and not on the 2deep and James would have been #4 on the TE depth chart going into next season.

Reactions: Spider B and urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT