ADVERTISEMENT

Roster as of May 16,2022

Wow I picked the wrong thread to try and catch up. Think I will use the transfer thread button to stop my head from spinning.

So we walked 22 “seniors “ last Saturday and we are recruiting 12/13 high schoolers for the Class of 2022.Without attrition or more incoming transfers we will be down at least 10 players.

I assume we were over the limit this year with the bonus year guys?

Last edited:
I am happy for the young man and hope he lands somewhere that he can get on the field and play. I was even more interested in the accurate passing display in the practice footage!

Reactions: urfan1
Losing Turner is crushing. But I think that’s just the new normal for a team that doesn’t show any commitment to making the playoffs. He can likely transfer to an ACC school. What do we offer?

Within minutes of announcing, he picked up offers from Liberty, App State, and Southern Miss.

Hate seeing this. Not sure if it the lure of FBS, we have proof with prior talent that you can get to the NFL from UR. Hope the big fish in a little pond does not get lost in the BIG ocean.

Reactions: urfan1
I think this is going to be the new normal, unfortunately.
Think it is worth noting that for all the complaints we have about both the football and basketball programs and their lack of success as compared to where this board thinks they should both be, one program has current and former players publicly defending their coach and the other seemingly does not (or if they are, I have missed it).

Reactions: URTOM68
When you lose Kobe something ain’t very good in Spiderville
anybody keeping score...between graduation, completion of eligibility and transfers how many we have lost from the two deep roster so far with more likely to come?..

it's pretty depressing to think of how the rebuild seems to be getting even bigger...

I'm a little confused about Kobie Turner...he was recognized in the Senior Day ceremony...I thought those 22 had used up their eligibility?

Go Spiders!

anybody keeping score...between graduation, completion of eligibility and transfers how many we have lost from the two deep roster so far with more likely to come?..

it's pretty depressing to think of how the rebuild seems to be getting even bigger...

I'm a little confused about Kobie Turner...he was recognized in the Senior Day ceremony...I thought those 22 had used up their eligibility?

Go Spiders!
About 8 of the 22 including Kobe had additional eligibility.That silence from Kobe had been deafening

Post in thread 'Roster as of 7/19/21' https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/threads/roster-as-of-7-19-21.12400/post-337910

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo-spider
Absolutely hate to lose Kobe but he gave us 4 years and graduated. More concerned about kids like Hedrick who was highly sought after and who has 4 years of eligibility left. Don't know the particulars, could be girlfriend, academics, not as good as advertised, could be a million reasons but don't like to strike out on what appears to be good recruits.

Absolutely hate to lose Kobe but he gave us 4 years and graduated. More concerned about kids like Hedrick who was highly sought after and who has 4 years of eligibility left. Don't know the particulars, could be girlfriend, academics, not as good as advertised, could be a million reasons but don't like to strike out on what appears to be good recruits.
There will be more sadly

Think it is worth noting that for all the complaints we have about both the football and basketball programs and their lack of success as compared to where this board thinks they should both be, one program has current and former players publicly defending their coach and the other seemingly does not (or if they are, I have missed it).
Fair. On the flipside, football has a roster 7x as big as the basketball roster. If 1 basketball player leaves, nobody bats an eye. If 7 football players leave, the sky is falling.

I don’t think you have to try to convince anyone on this board to get rid of Russ. Pretty sure this crowd thinks it’s time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT