ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Rice - Second Coming

Might as well put Rice stuff in the Rice thread. Looks like OTE wanted him but he's going to stick to the traditional route.

Rice and Tyler Nickel both took official visits to VT this weekend, and another Spider target Maliq Brown was also there for an unofficial. Obviously, we don't appear to be in the mix with any of these guys as they've either already cut their lists down or in the case of Brown, we haven't heard a peep about being involved in a very long time.

Still interested to see where Rice lands given the UR connection.

Hah, it was Walz. I just posted over in his thread before I saw your post here.

Hah, it was Walz. I just posted over in his thread before I saw your post here.
You just think it was Walz.
Actually, since it is in this thread, Rice has now grown to Walz size and is committing to us...Nice!

Told y’all Rodney Rice was coming to Tech months ago. People on here laughed when I said it too. Can’t wait to have him help lead a program that very well could become the big dog on the block in the ACC in the coming years.

Told y’all Rodney Rice was coming to Tech months ago. People on here laughed when I said it too. Can’t wait to have him help lead a program that very well could become the big dog on the block in the ACC in the coming years.
That would be pretty amazing, It’s not likely to happen, but why not dream it so?

Reactions: 712_VT
CasThat would be pretty amazing, It’s not likely to happen, but why not dream it so?
I would argue that it is likely to happen. The ACC is going through a changing of the guard with Coach K retiring and Roy already gone. Uva also seemed like they were maybe starting to take a step back last season and I don’t think Bennett stays there forever either. In that case someone has to rise up and take this league by storm and I think the Hokies are the program to do it. Look at the start Mike young has had there, only going to get better.

I would argue that it is likely to happen. The ACC is going through a changing of the guard with Coach K retiring and Roy already gone. Uva also seemed like they were maybe starting to take a step back last season and I don’t think Bennett stays there forever either. In that case someone has to rise up and take this league by storm and I think the Hokies are the program to do it. Look at the start Mike young has had there, only going to get better.
you've seen the recruiting class of 2022 current rankings, right? you're doing fine. Duke, UNC and UVA are doing much better. there's no changing of the guard anytime soon.

Yes there will be because coaching is gonna drop off big time at UNC and Duke. Just because you have a ton of talent doesn’t guarantee success. Look no further than Duke last year for example. UNC I think will fare better than Duke will after their transition. I always forget about FSU with Leonard Hamilton. They have been great in the ACC recently but Hamilton is pretty old too so I would imagine a drop off when he leaves too.

I do think it's worth questioning the hire that Duke made, but maybe he'll prove us wrong. Duke will still get top recruits but it's a small window to keep that going. If they don't keep winning, the landscape can change quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT