ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Rice - Second Coming

National stage and big time league/schedule competition upgrade to WCAC by transferring to the Stags.Smart move.
DeMatha is one of the premiere h.s. programs in America, which it should be pointed out that our newest recruit, Malcolm Dread, and his h.s. Gonzaga give DeMatha all they can handle when they play each other every year. Same D.C Catholic lead.
While the blue bloods certainly recruit DeMatha, they also recruit Gonzaga. Hopefully, CM is making headway into knowing these coaches and players.

seems to me a kid who is transferring to a higher profile HS/league is probably going to end up at the highest profile school/league that gives him the chance. Probably does not bode well for us!

We need to acknowledge that for 2021 Richmond has a very good chance of finishing ahead of all of those schools.

#eliteeightorbust

Reactions: plydogg
Best thing that can happen now is this kid doesn't sign early. Goes into his senior season looking for bigger offers - so some of current offers go with other kids, and IF the Spiders can have a good season - make the NCAA tourney and have some big wins during regular season (Kentucky) - then we might look more attractive to him.

Most kids probably want to step out of their dad's shadow if they can, so we can probably shut the book on this one.

I read he was great at Pitt Jam Fest last weekend. I was disappointed that I didn't see our logo included in this "coaches attending" tweet.

It says 150+ coaches, but shows only about 20 logos. So there is a chance someone from the staff was there.
I see perennial juggernauts like Fairfield, Holy Cross, and Robert Morris listed. I don’t like our chances...

yeah, I was at those Hoop Group Jam Fests for years. they know every coach in attendance. we'd absolutely be featured prominently if we were there. the 150+ includes every D3 and D2.

I'm surprised there weren't more big D1s there as this tournament attracted some very talented players including Clingan. but no big deal. we'll be at a lot of tournaments. a lot of schools weren't at this one. and if we're serious about someone (Rodney or others) we'll follow him around to most of his tournaments and all the games while we're there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT