ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Rice - Second Coming

Tell Queally to open up the cash box.
If he's gonna get bounced, get bounced for something memorable like playing payers under the table that gets us to a Final Four. Don't get run for calling students "regular" students and renaming building with a bunch of different blended names. Go out in style, PQ.

Or even better, drop a couple mill, hire Pitino, and say peace out. It would be an epic couple years of basketball before the inevitable bottom drops out, but you'll be long gone, probably on a nice yacht in the Caribbean, smoking a high quality Cuban.

I know I’ve said it multiple times on here and gotten some criticism as a result but I would rather us go to a final four only to have it vacated later on than be where we are right now. At least you’d get to enjoy the final four and no matter what you can only erase but so much of the memory.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I know I’ve said it multiple times on here and gotten some criticism as a result but I would rather us go to a final four only to have it vacated later on than be where we are right now. At least you’d get to enjoy the final four and no matter what you can only erase but so much of the memory.
I think you went to the wrong school if you want to win at all cost. there are schools like that. we're never going to be one of them.
I want us to do better, but to do it right with the right kind of kids.

If he's gonna get bounced, get bounced for something memorable like playing payers under the table that gets us to a Final Four. Don't get run for calling students "regular" students and renaming building with a bunch of different blended names. Go out in style, PQ.

Or even better, drop a couple mill, hire Pitino, and say peace out. It would be an epic couple years of basketball before the inevitable bottom drops out, but you'll be long gone, probably on a nice yacht in the Caribbean, smoking a high quality Cuban.
Petino would require a serious upgrade of strip bars in Richmond area.

This is dumb.

You are not "us" if you went to a different school, and are actively promoting that we cheat to win. Please don't procreate.

This is dumb.

You are not "us" if you went to a different school, and are actively promoting that we cheat to win. Please don't procreate.
Losers attitude. All the top programs cheat to some degree and I’m sure vcu and the other top A10 teams do as well. Maybe that’s part of the reason UR has gotten left behind.

You really don’t think all the top programs cheat to some degree? And that vcu and Dayton don’t at all? Wow that’s pretty naive.

You really don’t think all the top programs cheat to some degree? And that vcu and Dayton don’t at all? Wow that’s pretty naive.
The FBI caught Will Wade red handed on tape and did nothing. So what’s to stop them from cheating?

this is why message board anonymity is important. I'd never hire someone who thinks like this. ethics matter. even when others around you are cheating. maybe even more so then.
cheaters cheat. I'd assume Will Wade cheated, cheats, and will again cheat. but not everyone does.
do you think Beilein cheats? he's been successful. he must. but those that know him best say no way. is that possible?

this is why message board anonymity is important. I'd never hire someone who thinks like this. ethics matter. even when others around you are cheating. maybe even more so then.
cheaters cheat. I'd assume Will Wade cheated, cheats, and will again cheat. but not everyone does.
do you think Beilein cheats? he's been successful. he must. but those that know him best say no way. is that possible?
Until you’re actually in that position it’s impossible to know 100%. I’m just saying what I assume goes on.

and you're using your assumption as a rationale for our program to cheat. and you'd be ok with it. I would not.
Ideally there would be no cheating involved. My point was that I would be fine with us going to a final four even if it would get vacated later on. It would be a hell of ride and definitely a lot more fun than where we are right now. If you’re fine with winning 15-18 games a year than that’s on you but I’d rather win big at any cost.

I'm not fine winning 15-18, but I know we can do better the right way.
Well let’s do it then. Just win baby that’s all I care about. I heard a quote from a coach a while back which was “don’t tell me about the labor just show me the baby” that’s how I feel about UR winning. We could win by playing an up tempo style scoring 90+ or we could win by playing the four corners and keeping the game in the 30’s. Bottom line is I don’t care I just wanna win.

Well let’s do it then. Just win baby that’s all I care about. I heard a quote from a coach a while back which was “don’t tell me about the labor just show me the baby” that’s how I feel about UR winning. We could win by playing an up tempo style scoring 90+ or we could win by playing the four corners and keeping the game in the 30’s. Bottom line is I don’t care I just wanna win.

I'll repeat what I said before. Please don't ever procreate, and please don't ever coach kids. Your outlook is deplorable.

Just want to clarify when I say win at all costs. I don’t mean covering up legal issues or any title 9 stuff. Both are wrong and would never do either as some coaches do ( cough cough LSU). I don’t however see anything wrong with paying players because it doesn’t hurt anyone. I also have no problem with pushing the envelope a little bit as far as admissions. Both of these things are the kind of “cheating” I’m referencing. Thanks for calling me deplorable 👍

He’s coming to Tech. We hired his high school coach to be an assistant so we can get guys like Rodney.

Jones was a good hire for VT, regardless. I meant to post about that when it happened.
Indeed he was. Not only for recruiting purposes but from what I hear he’s a hell of a coach as far as X’s and O’s too. The guys on the Tech sideline podcast said Jones likely took this job because he wants to be a head coach in college at some point. Mike Jones played at ODU so they said that it’s likely that he stays at Tech until that job opens up and then tries to turn that into a power 5 job at some point.

Indeed he was. Not only for recruiting purposes but from what I hear he’s a hell of a coach as far as X’s and O’s too. The guys on the Tech sideline podcast said Jones likely took this job because he wants to be a head coach in college at some point. Mike Jones played at ODU so they said that it’s likely that he stays at Tech until that job opens up and then tries to turn that into a power 5 job at some point.
What happened to Radford? ;)

I can't keep up with the...

What happened to Radford? ;)

I can't keep up with the...
Different Mike Jones. This is the Mike Jones who was the long time head coach at Dematha in DC, one of the best if not the best high school program in the country. Also the head coach of the under 18 US national team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT