ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond 81 St. Louis 78 - Spiders Cap Emotional Game Win Dramatic Win!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

could Hollywood have written a better script?...a underachieving team, in the midst of a disappointing season, loses its coach to a very serious medical problem...a struggling player, Jason Nelson, swoops in in the final 1:10 to score UR's final 6 points and seal the Spiders dramatic win!

I feel really good for Nelson...after being so highly touted for two years expectations were probably too high...following in the foot steps of legendary Jacob Gilyard and the long line of outstanding Richmond point guards had to be tough...I hope tonight's clutch performance will help him get his confidence and basketball mojo back!

Nelson was ably assisted in the 2nd half rally by Tyler Burton's 18 2nd half points, as well as, Matt Grace's 12 points...Nelson scored all 17 of his points in the Spiders impressive 54 point 2nd half...

at least two Richmond trends were broken tonight: it was the Spiders that torched the Billikens from three point range (17/37 46%) and it was the Spiders who rallied in the final minutes to go ahead and win the ball game...just think what might have been if we'd shot this well and played the final minutes this tough the entire season...

enjoy the amateur highlights from the last 1:10 of tonight's win...they include Nelson's three with :25 remaining to make it a two possession game...

I hope Coach Mooney was able to enjoy this one in some manner...congrats to the team and coaching staff on winning one that meant more than just our 14th win...

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT