ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tracker

We're not actively recruiting him but think he would be a good player to pursue with open scholarship. This is all assuming that he wasn't dismissed for something very bad

What’s the word on this one? Safe to assume Paul is coming back now. Do we use this on a grad transfer or hold it for the right HS senior?

Personally would love to see this go to a GR transfer to help balance our classes.

We've had a terrible run of grad transfers over the last 3 years.

True, but if we have an open scholarship I'd prefer picking up a grad transfer such as JMA to a late signing of someone who has no business playing D1 basketball. He is using up a scholarship for 1 year and then he's gone. If he contributes anything, great. If not, he's out of here next year and we aren't either A) tied to a non-contributor for 4 years or B) facing another transfer out. At a minimum it gives us another college body for practice/scout team instead of letting that space sit empty.

Ideally we have all our spots filled with quality players and don't need to go the grad transfer route. But in our current situation and especially with our unbalanced classes I think a grad transfer can be the right move.

You've just summarized our the majority of our recruiting the past 5 years! Bad grad transfers and equally bad late additions that have no business in D1.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Nice that Dejon's brother, Oshae, made the All ACC freshman team at Syracuse. If only he wanted to be close to his brother.

If our 2018 recruiting continues maybe we should update the first post. Maybe even sort it by Freshmen, JUCO, Grad Transfer, Undergrad Transfer...
Truth is could even separate Freshmen into Old Offers New Offers...

If our 2018 recruiting continues maybe we should update the first post. Maybe even sort it by Freshmen, JUCO, Grad Transfer, Undergrad Transfer...
Truth is could even separate Freshmen into Old Offers New Offers...
I've been a bit busy, so haven't gotten around to updating. Frankly, my enthusiasm for everything has also waned considerably with all of the toxicity on the board.

I've been a bit busy, so haven't gotten around to updating. Frankly, my enthusiasm for everything has also waned considerably with all of the toxicity on the board.
i hadn’t noticed...

My enthusiam has waned because their literally has been any good news about the on court success of our program in well over a year. 12-20, we've lost 3 players already off the team, outside of Bryce, we don't appear to be out recruiting anyone of impact (or frankly anyone at all, outside the 3 mentioned on this board). The "toxicity" on the board is just a reflection of all of that.

Reactions: plydogg
Agree with '97, our recruiting news/activity is quite dead. It seems that our staff is supposedly keeping the recruiting news quiet on purpose we have been led to believe in the past. Not working. Chris Mack had literally offered three players minutes after the Louisville job was announced.

played with Grant on the Fairfax Stars way back at the 13u or 14u level.
Bryce is younger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT