ADVERTISEMENT

Paul

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
I may be missing something, but has there been any announcement on his intentions? Grad transfer, retiring, pursuing a pro destination, DBO? Anyone? I know it is implied that he will not be back based on his senior night announcement, but I have not heard anything official. I know this board is big on official announcements and it seems that all are OK with giving his scholarship away (not me).

Just curious if anyone has heard anything, or I missed the official announcement tweet or article?

Reactions: plydogg
it was a one liner in a RTD article, that Paul is not expected back.

thanks Spiderman.

I honestly think that Mooney is trolling me now.

Now that I have been touting April 11th, here is what he quotes in the RTD today:
“In terms of April 11, that spring signing date is not as finite, or definite, as the fall signing date,” said Mooney. “If nothing were to happen by April 11, that doesn’t mean anything.”

OK

I don't think 4/11 has any significance. it's just the 1st day of the late period you can sign. you can commit any time.

it's a trigger for guys who already verbally committed to sign.
hey, I hope 4/11 comes and every available player decides where they're going. I don't expect it, but I hope it happens.

I seem to remember players committing to us up to 7/31 (elsewhere 8/22 or 8/29), but I thought the official period was 4/11-5/16?

I seem to remember players committing to us up to 7/31 (elsewhere 8/22 or 8/29), but I thought the official period was 4/11-5/16?
I think the summer commits are early verbals to sign in November. Ryan Butler is the only summer commit for the fall I can remember.

I think the summer commits are early verbals to sign in November. Ryan Butler is the only summer commit for the fall I can remember.
It may have been verbal commits not NLI. But I also meant all changes in roster (not just from High School) such as AWIII to Syracuse in late August.

yeah, AWIII set some kind of record for lateness. like the first day of class.

Who is AWIII? Heard of him long ago but he spent so much time talking about signing and signing with the wrong teams that I can't remember him anymore....................

The notion that somehow 4/11 is not significant is baloney. It obviously matters. Maybe not the most relevant with whoever CM is targeting though.

Reactions: Eight Legger
I believe Paul is graduating and moving on to pursue his career.

My comment wasn’t directed at you s-man. I don’t see how CM can make a statement that April 11 isn’t somehow important. Objectively, it’s neither definite or finite as he states, but for goodness sakes, at least pretend like we want guys signing by the first date available. Part of selling these kids is creating some urgency that we want them here and if they aren’t convinced, we are going to get the next best committed guy in. Without that, we whiz away the days until those who are left are not guys we covet.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Agree Tbone, need to create the urgency and give the hard sell - that is the name of the game unfortunately. The comments about April 11 are really just to buy him time. I'm afraid that he is not confident. I tried doing a search on info on Bryce on the Pitt rivals board and found nothing, though maybe buried in another thread.

I agree that CM is trying to manage expectations. he's saying 4/11 may come and go without a signing but good players will still be available on 4/12. I don't think any player is forcing a 4/11 deadline on themselves. if they're ready today, they'll commit today and take the spot they want. they'll just sign 4/11. if they're not ready, they wait.

you can put a 4/11 ultimatum on someone you don't mind losing, but if you really want a guy and are building a good relationship with him, you probably give him time.

you do let a prospect know if you have other offers out for the spot, and that if the other guy verbals then the spot is gone.

Agreed, good guys will be available on 4/12, and 4/19, and maybe 4/26. I think what I react to is that it feels very casual, like, hey, we don’t expect you to sign with us on day one of the signing period. I hope that’s not the impression recruits have, that we will be around in a month if nothing else better comes along.

Reactions: urfan1
Fezz, I hope so - my people are in discussions with his people. He does have many layers of minion to control the communication flow. He does have a stipulation of a new coach - which I have a feeling will be blocked by Queally/Hardt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT