ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Billy Donovan

SpiderHoops32

Team Manager
Jan 10, 2014
A lot of people think he will make the jump to the NBA, like one of his former players Bradley Beal. Say he does leave, what if former Spider target Chris Chiozza decides to leave? Played big minutes in his freshman year. He made a visit to UR in high school.

Donovan

Chiozza

This post was edited on 4/20 7:13 PM by SpiderHoops32

Actually the "jumping to conclusions" was actually a good prediction, at least with regard to Donovan's departure. This move by Donovan could have strong implications for the Spiders, but most likely the impact will be that coach Miller will leave Dayton to take the Florida job (If Florida is both smart and willing to pay the man what he is worth). That would possibly help UR to "leap-frog" Dayton, and would spell another "top" A-10 coach leaving for a bigger job. The PG Chiozza was a top target for UR a year or so ago, but I believe we have the PG position in very stong hands, and we could use a PF or C instead, and Florida does not have any good inside players, frankly, even if they all wanted to transfer.

foley, the gator athletic director said it might take 2 or 3 weeks to find a new guy. am guessing he is waiting to see if donovan returns once again after a few days.

Reactions: KWeaver
If Donovan waits 2-3 weeks, I believe the spring signing period will be over with. That could signal disaster for the "top-10 signiing class that Florida had gotten commitments from. It will be a key for they to make the Archie Miller hire quickly, in order to lock-in the class. Otherwise, not even Houdini himslelf will be able to get out of the mess that Donovan has left at Florida. Even Wain-Wrong, who left us with a major train-wreck, probably left more talent behind than Donovan will be leaving. Look for Florida to take 4+ years to re-build, and longer if they do not land Dayton's up-and-coming young coach. I spent some time at Florida, and follow the program closely, but never expected Florida's program would fall so fast and so hard...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT