ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker

Wins
GW 67, Radford 58
URI 82, Milwaukee 58

Not sure why URI played at Milwaukee...I'm guessing a home-and-home deal? But Milwaukee is terrible and has been for a number of years.

Reactions: plydogg
Win
UNI 66, Jackson State 56 - UNI was down 7 at the half to a terrible Jackson State squad. Green finished with 24 and was 5-of-9 from three.

Push
Mississippi State 79, Georgia State 50 - Probably the better result for us, keeping our MSU loss as good as possible.

Opponent Tracker 12/15/2021:

North Carolina Central vs Gardner Webb - 7:00 (NCCU Sports Network)
Florida Atlantic vs VCU - 7:00 ESPN+
Utah State vs Weber State - 9:00 ESPN+

Clean sweep...

Wins
NC Central 72, Gardner-Webb 71 - Back and forth game, but NCCU had a seven point lead with 38 seconds to go, then proceeded to turn the ball over a couple of times and missed some free throws to give G-W a chance to steal the win but held on.

VCU 66, FAU 46 - Pretty much wire-to-wire win, although FAU did get within a point early in the second half.

Utah State 95, Weber State 80 - USU dropped 59 in the first half and cruised to victory over the previously 9–1 Wildcats despite only 2 points from Bean, who left with an injury...didn't catch what it was.

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
Clean sweep...

Wins
NC Central 72, Gardner-Webb 71 - Back and forth game, but NCCU had a seven point lead with 38 seconds to go, then proceeded to turn the ball over a couple of times and missed some free throws to give G-W a chance to steal the win but held on.

VCU 66, FAU 46 - Pretty much wire-to-wire win, although FAU did get within a point early in the second half.

Utah State 95, Weber State 80 - USU dropped 59 in the first half and cruised to victory over the previously 9–1 Wildcats despite only 2 points from Bean, who left with an injury...didn't catch what it was.
Hope bean is ok. He is having a phenomenal season.

Clean sweep...

Wins

The team propping vcu's NET up (Chattanooga) got waxed by Belmont tonight. So that should start the Lambs' fall from grace. Though I'm sure FAU will probably jump up 150 spots or so by virtue of tonight's road loss.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
CH Tracker: Current record is 4-2, where CH started the game thread.
Toledo: Win
Northern Iowa: Win
Maryland: Loss
Hofstra: Win
Drake: Loss
GA State: Win.
He obviously did something wrong with the Maryland and Drake losses. Other than that- he is making progress. He seems to be improving as the season continues.
CH, this is a fair record. However, you need to study film on your efforts. What did you do wrong, what can you work on? How do you improve? How is your thread preparation?

Penn State has COVID issues…Saturday game at VCU is off. Bob Black points out that Duke is also looking for a game.

Reactions: CH_Spider
Penn State has COVID issues…Saturday game at VCU is off. Bob Black points out that Duke is also looking for a game.

Of course VCU duke. Philly Bob might as well point out that anything Richmond does VCU does better. It's getting to be that time of year. Time for our lunch money to be stolen by VCU. We don't care we say come take it leave us alone u too scary.

Duke VCU makes a lot of sense since they both are missing a game this weekend.
we're not going to cancel a game to squeeze in Duke. you don't do that.

Duke VCU makes a lot of sense since they both are missing a game this weekend.
we're not going to cancel a game to squeeze in Duke. you don't do that.

true & I didn’t say so. I just meant Vcu knows how to up us. Or beat us etc. it would have fit that the day after we play acc nc state in NC they play duke next day.

Lunch $$.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Seton Hall has had to pull out of Gotham Classic doubleheader game against Iona at MSG on Saturday. Maybe VCU wants to go face Slick Rick.

Only a matter of time before more teams have to covid pause. Hope like hell we aren’t one of them.

Apparently Iona and Gazelle want Seton Hall to play the game anyway? 🤔

Only a matter of time before more teams have to covid pause. Hope like hell we aren’t one of them.
Well, I did my part. Missed the Toledo game out of caution as I was getting what appeared to be a head cold.

Monday night at 4am it went away. But 9pm Tuesday in anticipation of booster, tested positive.

• Sad
Reactions: plydogg and fan2011
Well, I did my part. Missed the Toledo game out of caution as I was getting what appeared to be a head cold.

Monday night at 4am it went away. But 9pm Tuesday in anticipation of booster, tested positive.
I hope you are okay. I’m going to the game tomorrow. Yes, I vaccinated and boosted!

Thanks!
One 2 hours window of severe symptoms that was a little scary, other than that just an occasional annoying cough, so far.
Worth closing down the world for in your opinion? Just wondering.

Sorry to hear, mite. Hope you fully recover quickly.

Meanwhile, Ohio State is out with COVID now too...game against Kentucky in Vegas is off. Things are not on a good trajectory.

Reactions: urfan1
I think we all need to be prepared for massive game cancellations in the next few weeks. This sucks. Hopefully, college basketball will adapt protocols as the NFL has done to keep the games going. Almost all of the NFL players currently out our asymptomatic, so they are finding them just due to routine testing. Anyone know the state of testing at our program and in college basketball?

Northwestern/DePaul canceled for Saturday.

With Ohio State out and UCLA seemingly also not ready to come back, looks like UNC and Kentucky may pair up in Vegas.

(Sorry for hijacking the opponent tracker thread into a game cancelation thread.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT