ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker 2022-2023

Fordham has a NET of 105. Nothing to ride home about, but when you look at their schedule - I can't believe they are even that high. And FYI - they are 3rd highest in the A10 right now
Yep. I checked out their schedule. Really weak teams. We'd have that record if we scheduled like that.

Once they hit conference play, things will change for Fordham even in a down year for A10.

Yep. I checked out their schedule. Really weak teams. We'd have that record if we scheduled like that.

Once they hit conference play, things will change for Fordham even in a down year for A10.
I agree they will come down to earth. THey get Davidson at home tonight. That should tell us pretty quickly if Fordham is any better this year.

seems to me that the NET can be gamed even if you schedule 99% creampuffs which is BS to me. There should be consequences for only beating up on nobodies. Hell, look at Dayton's NET sheet they have no business being as high as they are.

Well - Davidson beat Fordham by 14, so I think we can expect the same old Fordham. Last year they were 8-10, I think thats as good as it gets for Fordham. Lets just hope we are better than 8-10.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I agree - Davidson does not seem as good as years past, but I got a feeling they find a way to battle for near the top 4. I could see them finishing 5th this year, especially with the league being down. Its like they pick the best year to have their weakest team.

Reactions: urfan1
I agree - Davidson does not seem as good as years past, but I got a feeling they find a way to battle for near the top 4. I could see them finishing 5th this year, especially with the league being down. Its like they pick the best year to have their weakest team.
Loyola Chicago falls by 10 at home v GW. Bryce Golsen with 13 in loss . GW should not be taken lightly or we will start league play at 0-2. Notable that GW went 23 of 25 on free throws

Loyola Chicago falls by 10 at home v GW. Bryce Golsen with 13 in loss . GW should not be taken lightly or we will start league play at 0-2. Notable that GW went 23 of 25 on free throws
There's a 45% chance we will go 0 and 2.

Reactions: spider23
Charleson 92 NC A&T 79 Final

I have admitted here before, more hang out on football board, but first impression after watching the above game.

Spiders should have better record if they could play Charleston to OT and a
2- point loss on the road.
Hope Spiders get it going in league play, they have to be more talented than their record to this point.

Fred Thatch tore his ACL on Wednesday and is done for the season, and he won't return to use his extra year of eligibility. He had a reduced role this year after being a starter much of last year, but still an important piece for a SLU squad that hasn't lived up to expectations this season.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to what players they lost in the off-season or something, but I definitely did not foresee Loyola being quite the bottom feeder that they are. Currently getting doubled up close to halftime by a pretty bad St Joe's team.

• Wow
Reactions: plydogg
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to what players they lost in the off-season or something, but I definitely did not foresee Loyola being quite the bottom feeder that they are. Currently getting doubled up close to halftime by a pretty bad St Joe's team.
Did you see Bryce Golden having a hard time finding minutes on that team?

I know we have other things to worry about right now. But it appears Malachi Smith returned AFTER the VCU game so will likely be playing on the 28th...

I imagine he’s regretting his decision right about now.
Right, I imagine he had an offer here if he wanted one. Instead, he chose to go to a Loyola team that is unquestionably the worst team in the A-10. Of course, given that he can't even find good minutes there, I think I'll take the 3 guys we did land in the portal over him anyway.

Drake loses a tough one last night to 10-9 Missouri State Bears. So much for that being a good game.

Channel surfing earlier tonight & literally the second I stopped on Indiana State-Drake they have profile of Robbie Avila on screen & were practically drooling over him. I turned it off after that lol. Finished w 22 & 7 tonight btw. Very good freshman year.

Crazy game, too. Drake was up 18 at the half but gave it all away and needed a miracle to win it.

Drake reminds me of UR last year. Very experienced. High hopes for the year, but now they find themselves behind in their league - but they seem like a team that could make a run in their conference tourney.

In local team news - Longwood is in tie for first in Big South at 7-1 conference record. They look like they could be NIT or NCAA bound if they continue. If they make back to back NCAA appearances - I could see Aldrich's phone ringing to get him out of Farmville.

Reactions: urfan1 and GKiller
Might be a person w special needs cut him some slack. If not then yeah it’s nutty.

Reactions: urfan1
Did Charleston’s loss on Saturday move them to first four out? At 21-2 and one of the losses is in Chapel Hill?

Any bracketologist is still going to have them slotted in as the auto bid, but if they don't get that they're very much on the bubble. Their schedule is pretty bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT