ADVERTISEMENT

Managing Your JMU Employees

Anilspider

Rookie
May 13, 2005
To my fellow Spider fans out there, I like many of you own a few businesses that provide good work for folks with JMU degrees. I genuinely like them. And I have found that my business peers who went to W&L, UVA, and W&M would agree that JMU folks are good workers who will take on what we might consider menial. That said, every Monday following a loss to UR, I've noted a high incidence of absenteeism, tardiness, and general malaise that really brings down overall productivity. Of course, the work must go on. Coffee still needs to be brewed. Photocopies still need to be made. Paperwork still needs to be filed. Do any of you have any tips on how to keep your JMU workers engaged?

Schedule some time to discuss the Sun Belt at the Monday morning staff meeting. Maybe even give one of high achievers a belt with a sun on it.

It really works.

I hope you gave all of them the day off with a bonus because they earned it. They are who keepes your sorry ass businesses afloat so you have time to write such stupid remarks as this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Anilspider:

To my fellow Spider fans out there, I like many of you own a few businesses that provide good work for folks with JMU degrees. I genuinely like them. And I have found that my business peers who went to W&L, UVA, and W&M would agree that JMU folks are good workers who will take on what we might consider menial. That said, every Monday following a loss to UR, I've noted a high incidence of absenteeism, tardiness, and general malaise that really brings down overall productivity. Of course, the work must go on. Coffee still needs to be brewed. Photocopies still need to be made. Paperwork still needs to be filed. Do any of you have any tips on how to keep your JMU workers engaged?
Dont hire them. I dont hire unc grads

@anilspider:I have a thought -- actually I have several: why don't you have them figure out the last time the Spiders actually beat their team. Or let them add up all the points they laid on the Spiders in a must-win game this Saturday. Then you could have them subtract the points the Spiders have scored. Finally give them the assignment to figure out why JMU has more people in the bleachers in one home game than UR will get in all six home games. That will keep 'em busy.

This post was edited on 11/18 10:55 PM by Mespo727272

Mespo, for such a great team that has such a big stadium it's kind of embarrassing to have a losing all-time record to a FCS school isn't it?

@Capt Anderson: Since accurate math isn't a priority with some commenters, I'll give you some and some perspective on your comment. JMU and Richmond have played 32 times. Richmond has won 17 times; JMU has won 15 times. JMU started D1 football in 1980 and played Richmond for the first time in 1981. Richmond, who has played varsity football for over 133 years, won the first 4 games against a fledgling Madison team that was transitioning from D3. Since then time, it's been about even with JMU holding a slight edge. Both teams have won an NCAA national football championship though JMU did it sooner. The games are usually good ones with the ultimate game being in 2008 when a punt return at the end of the game decided it. It's a true great college rivalry.

On the stadium issue, JMU enjoyed a second stadium expansion (the first was in 1981) in 2011 when Bridgeforth Stadium went from 12,000 seats to 24,877. According to the R-TD, JMU now leads the CAA by a wide margin in total and average attendance. In 2010, Richmond contracted their seating for varsity football games from those at old City Stadium, which held approximately 18,000 persons and moved on campus to Robins Stadium which now holds 8,700 persons. So, Richmond enjoyed the seating capacity advantage for decades before JMU's stadium expansion in 2011. However since the move, Robins Stadium has not reached anything near capacity except for a very few games when JMU and W&M play there.

As they say, the facts don't lie and mine are verifiable. As for the snarky comment about JMU grads being just good enough to make coffee and photocopy documents which brought on this little fact display, it was classless and beneath anyone who really cares for college sports or either school. Both schools produce fine graduates and exemplary young men and women. I would know since I graduated from both and have two kids (one still at JMU and one a JMU graduate) and engage in the hiring process.

Lick your wounds and get over the most recent game. It really doesn't matter to your life, does it? If it does, maybe you'll get revenge in the playoffs.

How's that for some JMU and UR trained research?

Regards,

Source: http://issuu.com/jmusports.com/docs/2014jmufootballguide

This post was edited on 11/19 12:37 PM by Mespo727272

This post was edited on 11/19 12:38 PM by Mespo727272

Mespo. Go away. You won the game, clearly the better team that day. You're classless for hanging around on our board.

You have 4 posts so you don't root but so hard for UR. And I said our board not my board, you moron. You must be really unhappy. I'll say a prayer for you.

Mesopotamia....the "truth" is that's the worst second post I have ever seen.

Now go home to your own board and let us lick our wounds in peace.

This post was edited on 11/19 4:27 PM by 64Spider

Mespo, would you be interested in being my research assistant? And also, nobody was tarnishing a jmu degree. Madison occupies an important place on the hierarchy of public education. I know plenty of useful people who have come out of places like jmu, Richard bland, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT