ADVERTISEMENT

Robin's Center experience

warranty must have expired. Takes away from the in game experience to not have the scoreboards working, sound, lines, etc. as well. But that’s all par for the course at this point.

warranty must have expired. Takes away from the in game experience to not have the scoreboards working, sound, lines, etc. as well. But that’s all par for the course at this point.
Don’t we still have a law school? Seems like a good project for the attendees to delve into.

Reactions: SpiderK
I guess they just try to fix the score board 10 minutes before the game. They just say screw it the rest of the week between games. It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
My concern is the lack of clarity on the PA System. My wife also has commented on it. Some of our friends a section over from us agree. With millions sunk into the RC, you’d think a top notch sound system would be a given.
Doesn’t need to be top notch. Just good and everyone would be fine.
Every time Black and Beckwith mention it, it’s like a negative on a top
notch arena.

I just don't understand why these problems are worse now than when the equipment was new. You would think by now they know the settings to make things work correctly.

Reactions: Eight Legger
It is embarrassing. You knew it was broken after the first two games. Fix it. It can't possibly be that complicated. It's just a computer connected to big screens! How can we be this inept?
and if we don't have the people on staff that can get it done bring in a contractor to get it working the way it's supposed to. EASY

Anyone else frustrated with parking at the games when it comes to everyone leaving? In the C61 lot they only allow one exit from the parking lot which I get, but the fact they have 3 lanes merging into that one exit right before everyone is turning slows down emptying the parking lot. If they make everyone merge into the the one lane that drains out onto the street, at least make them go around the back end of the parking lot so were spending the majority of our time exiting the parking lot trying to figure out which one of the three cars should go. I turn into Usain Bolt going to my car after the game because I don't want to spend 30 minutes sitting in a parking lot because of poor logistics.

Reactions: SpiderK and plydogg
Anyone else frustrated with parking at the games when it comes to everyone leaving? In the C61 lot they only allow one exit from the parking lot which I get, but the fact they have 3 lanes merging into that one exit right before everyone is turning slows down emptying the parking lot. If they make everyone merge into the the one lane that drains out onto the street, at least make them go around the back end of the parking lot so were spending the majority of our time exiting the parking lot trying to figure out which one of the three cars should go. I turn into Usain Bolt going to my car after the game because I don't want to spend 30 minutes sitting in a parking lot because of poor logistics.
So it is not just C66? In that lot, it is left, right, and center going to 1 lane. And anyone who gets in their parked car thinks they should pull out immediately, even if a lane of cars is in front of it. Even the driver who never turned on headlights last night.

There wasn’t a cop at the exit to c70 last night which just turned exiting into a free for all. That was new.

Build a pedestrian tunnel under the road. One of the reasons that it takes so long to exit the parking lot is because every 30 seconds they hold traffic so the folks can cross the road. A 20ft tunnel can't be that expensive to build, they have them at golf courses all over the place. Shake the (endowment) money tree...

Build a pedestrian tunnel under the road. One of the reasons that it takes so long to exit the parking lot is because every 30 seconds they hold traffic so the folks can cross the road. A 20ft tunnel can't be that expensive to build, they have them at golf courses all over the place. Shake the (endowment) money tree...
Terrific suggestion

Seems like a pedestrian bridge would be more affordable. I have seen many on campuses. Of course, that may mean going up stairs just after you used them to exit the RC, but I am sure an architect can figure something out.

Seems like a pedestrian bridge would be more affordable. I have seen many on campuses. Of course, that may mean going up stairs just after you used them to exit the RC, but I am sure an architect can figure something out.
A bridge might get in the way of the parade that will be thrown when Mooney..............................................................................
.............wins a National Championship.

How about a really neat bridge that would provide safe crossing for students 24/7.

Current status impedes smooth flow of pedestrian and vehicle traffic, actually puts them in conflict. Either over or under would be a significant improvement. Easy fix and within schools financial ability. Take action

The issue I have with a bridge is that they can be harder to traverse, especially for the red sweater vest crowd. Plus it's exposed to weather which is a concern since most of our basketball games are at night in the winter. And obviously it has to be tall enough for large trucks to fit under.

The issue I have with a bridge is that they can be harder to traverse, especially for the red sweater vest crowd. Plus it's exposed to weather which is a concern since most of our basketball games are at night in the winter. And obviously it has to be tall enough for large trucks to fit under.
covered, enclosed bridge ... and escalators.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Left hand turn out of x-lot, C61 towards River Rd only
Crosswalk across street to center of lot of C66.
c66 has two exits, top of lot, left hand only towards Three Chopt, bottom of lot right turn only towards River. People parking in c66 will learn to park where it makes most sense for their exit
Easy solution and minimal expense.

Generally, I think our traffic isn't bad getting off campus after games. C66 can be interesting but I'm listening to post game, so at least am entertained.

Am frustrated with lack of quality options and speed of concessions. Hot dogs behind 6/7 were first sold out before ge even started. Hoping ambulatory improvements scheduled (if still scheduled) result in improved concessions.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Remember - the endowment is not to be spent. It is either all spoken for, or simply there to measure ourselves with all the other private schools. And with more and more and private schools dropping out of US News Rankings, endowment size might be more important than ever - for some people.

Generally, I think our traffic isn't bad getting off campus after games. C66 can be interesting but I'm listening to post game, so at least am entertained.

Am frustrated with lack of quality options and speed of concessions. Hot dogs behind 6/7 were first sold out before ge even started. Hoping ambulatory improvements scheduled (if still scheduled) result in improved concessions.

But yes, I can't believe we never addressed the concession issue. Our concessions are straight out of 1990. I have zero qualms about not dropping a dime on any of our concessions, some of the worst food you can buy these days.

A ped bridge or tunnel is easily $1 million, maybe $2 million to build to UR's quality standards. No way they spend that kind of money for something really needed just a dozen or so times a year for an hour or whatever.

A ped bridge or tunnel is easily $1 million, maybe $2 million to build to UR's quality standards. No way they spend that kind of money for something really needed just a dozen or so times a year for an hour or whatever.

If your talking a bridge over to the fraternity parking lot, it could also be used for students as well who are stumbling, I mean walking back from a row house party, I mean get together on a loud, I mean quiet Saturday night.

It could be used, but is it necessary? I don't recall hearing about any significant incidents there. It's a fairly quiet road when there aren't big university events going on, so a well-marked crosswalk seems sufficient to me. But I'm just a guy who doesn't have all of the data, so who knows.

But in general I think with it being a relatively flat area, the grade changes to go over or under mean people will likely just cross at street-level anyway unless you make it really hard for them to do so. And ADA grade requirements likely mean you're looking at substantial infrastructure to get to the level of the bridge or tunnel over a measly two-lane road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT