ADVERTISEMENT

Let the Games Begin- Utah State

Frustrating. Score line is going to be harsh to us, think it was closer throughout than this is going to end up (12-14?). But this was a super winnable game, and we found a way to lose.

I don't care how many game replays sman watches, same, same deficiencies from Mooney every single year. And the recruiting is not as great as thought. Where is the development with Zay? Love the defense, but his offense is drive in the lane, jump in the air with no out??? This team really really needs Goose. Was hoping to have some other guys step up but think Goose can fix some of the problems we have.

Beaten by a bunch of Honkies who traveled 2/3 s across country while we traveled 2 hours. Mooney ball. No freaking defense and p-poor rebounding.

Up next? Year 18.

• Sad
Reactions: plydogg
No excuse to lose to a team in that manner that just traveled across the country that just lost at home to frigging UC Davis when you expect to be a tournament team.

Save a few nice offensive runs here and there, have had no reason to suggest this team is a NCAA team at the moment.

I pounded the table and said not to draw a conclusion from last game since we won. Should have listened to you 97. I gave Mooney a free pass after the NCCU performance. But that has expired, this team looks like they just got together a week ago not five years ago. Where was any chemistry, any offense, or any semblance of even knowing the definition of the word defense.

How do we see rebounding as a defense and not once address it the last 10 years. Shouldn’t a coach be addressing that instead of ignoring it?

We are a terrible late game team. No go to lineup or player and a coach who has no idea. In addition to the usual Coaching problems we added just some horrible substitution patterns tonight.
Exactly. Take Grant out with 4 minutes to go. Makes sense to me.

Tough loss. Hope Utah State is good. I now think our ceiling is a bubble team (not a top 20 team). Hopefully this is one of 3 (maybe 4) losses or less in the non-con. And we need to win one or more of the P5 games.

I don't care how many game replays sman watches, same, same deficiencies from Mooney every single year. And the recruiting is not as great as thought. Where is the development with Zay? Love the defense, but his offense is drive in the lane, jump in the air with no out??? This team really really needs Goose. Was hoping to have some other guys step up but think Goose can fix some of the problems we have.
Only the AD can fix the problems here.

Tough loss. Hope Utah State is good. I now think our ceiling is a bubble team (not a top 20 team). Hopefully this is one of 3 (maybe 4) losses or less in the non-con. And we need to win one or more of the P5 games.
They already lost to UCDavis

Reactions: SpiderK
Mooney should go but won’t. We’ll find dozens of excuses. Weird crowd. Goose injury. Naval Academy court was biased. Utah St is too good. We’re too experienced. Sherrod hurt his knee last year. Covid. In person classes. Etc.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Losing to a team that lost to UC Davis. Can we please find a real coach? Up 6 points at half. and totally blow it. They traveled across the country and still win.

• Sad
Reactions: 8legs1dream
But don’t let that distract you from the fact we beat North Carolina Central by 10

What recruit is going to see tonight’s game and think wow I want to play just like that!
Recruiting is a big issue. If we can get Cayo back, good front court. But he is a wing size interior player. Grace just gets abused on defense. 3 seconds on the shot clock and the other teams 7 footer blows by him like a pylon. Not good.

Out rebounded by 9 by a bunch of guys that can’t touch the bottom of the net. surprise surprise surprise

Reactions: plydogg
Out rebounded by 9, surprise surprise surprise
Weren’t we up 5 rebounds at half?

Bean after the game said exactly what it takes to beat a Mooney team. He said at half time they just realized they needed to be tougher and rebound better. Low and behold they run away with the second half…

When teams are dumb enough to try to out finesse us, we’ll win. Once they mix it up and knock us around…

He's still in the buffet line. Only the president or Board can fix this mess and I'm not holding my breath.
Yes, for too many years we have had the AD eating jello and the Prez playing cello while Richmond sports burned.

Perhaps the new Prez will see things differently. We can only hope.

Reactions: bongturk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT