ADVERTISEMENT

Let the Games Begin- Utah State

Their off-ball movement is killing us. Which is crazy because it’s what we specialize in! Hope we work to change that with some coaching.

Definitely better than that NCCU side Tuesday.

Doing pretty well from 3 in the first half. Just setting ourselves up for the ice cold streak near the end of the game.

Their off-ball movement is killing us. Which is crazy because it’s what we specialize in! Hope we work to change that with some coaching.

Definitely better than that NCCU side Tuesday.

These guys are much better passers. We'll see how they do once Mooney goes into panic mode and press later on.

Crabtree has done nothing but good stuff since he's been here. I would much prefer that he starts instead of Cayo.

That was a beautiful fast break by Grant and Dji there. Beautiful two man play, defender had no chance.

Reactions: nathanw19
Our guys just do not help each other on defense. They should be up by 20

No boxing out, too many put backs. Some things never change.
Agree. Same ole same ole. My goodness - if we were boxing out and playing better fundamental defense under the goal, we'd be up by double digits. Utah State getting way too many easy shots under the goal. Adjustments at halftime?

Reactions: SpiderK
The scouting report on UR is just throw it up on the board and follow it for the easy put back.

Need more from Cayo this half. He’s been invisible on offense and bad on defense so far. When our shooting inevitably cools off we’ll need him

Hasn’t looked great on offense but he’s affecting the game on defense. Believe he has 2 steals and has altered a couple shots so far
Agreed. Thought his defense was really good. Looks hesitant on offense. Maybe just deferring to other guys who have the hot hand (Wilson also wasn’t lighting it up offensively), or maybe just needs confidence offensively.

Liked the lineups with him and Burton defensively.

Way too much standing around not paying attention on D. How many times are they going to back door us?

Our defense is terrible again tonight. We pooh-pooh it all the time on here and apparently so does the coaching staff. It had us in trouble against a weak team two nights ago and it has us in trouble tonight despite a very good offensive effort. I say this all the time - - - you cant be bad at two out of the three key elements of the game (defense and rebounding) and expect to win no matter how good you are offensively. I fully expected to get the w the other night even as we were behind - - tonight I am not as sure!

defense is horrendous. it’s watch gilyard try and steal the ball and when that fails they’re all caught being spectators.

I'm sorry, I've tried feeling optimistic, but its the same coach, same players, no one looks any different. What was it Tarrant said about the first 5 minutes in the second half being the most important?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT