ADVERTISEMENT

LAX Tickets

Sep 29, 2010
Lax season opens up in one month on 2/8 vs. UVa at Robins Stadium. Does anybody know the ticket situation for this game and the upcoming season?

And as a follow-up, will tailgating be allowed before games? Seems like good spring alternative to waiting for the fall and football tailgating.

I'm not positive, but I don't believe that any D-1 program like lacrosse can be played without charging for games if scholarships are involved. The NCAA is pretty set on this.

That would be quite interesting if it is accurate, there are other D-1 scholarship sports available at no charge that have no admission fee.

Football and hoops (m&w) are the only ones we do charge for, right? Can't imagine lax requiring tix at UR.

They aren't charging for tickets-I was just trying to have a few lacrosse haters jump up and down, and scream.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Looks like LAX conference is changing names after one season. We will be in the Atlantic Sun this year, but next year it will be under the Southern Conference banner..

It's because VMI (currently Big South) and Mercer (currently A-Sun) are joining the SoCon next year, so along with Furman the SoCon will have 3 of the 7 schools in the lax conference. Nobody else will have more than one: UR (A-10), High Point (Big South), Jacksonville (A-Sun), and Bellarmine (D-II except for lax).

It's basically a SoCon takeover, but they're selling it as a partnership. I just don't see how A-Sun plays any role after this year.

From the article I read, it seems that the partnership angle is due to the Atlantic Sun serving as the home for women's lacrosse among schools in both conferences.

Annap, my thoughts were not from any hatred but just that paying for any olympic sport on campus is not going to happen, does not matter if baseball, lax, soccer, swimming, etc.

Actually, most of the colleges here in the Maryland area and UVA, do charge. Schools like Johns Hopkins, Loyola, Georgetown, UMBC, Towson, as well as the big boys, do charge. We have a ways to go to get to that point.
Come back 10 years from now-

I'd imagine the UVA game will draw a big crowd, for the novelty of new lax and a real local program coming to play.

Any idea what we will show as capacity for lax? it will show how many permanent seats are at the Rob without the temp seats installed for football

Annap, again just shows how regional lax is. sure it is fast growing because so few schools had it unlike other sports where almost every school had them. not knocking it at all just stating the facts. lived in upstate ny and it was big in both private and public schools, probably the same on long island and certainly in md. now that more colleges are offering teams and scholies, will see more public schools taking up the sport as well not because of popularity but because of scholies.

I think it depends. Women's Soccer doesn't but if you go to a game at W&M they charge. Not sure exactly of any rule.

am sure students there get in free so a good way to soak parents of players, sorry Photo.

the way it should be and hope you mean home if we charged as well as away.

Season starts three weeks from today. Hope we have a great crowd. Imagine some local Hoos will be there so we best make sure they don't outnumber us. Looking forward to this!

I'm sure it will be a mostly Hoo crowd. All games are going to be free, so it will be a good opportunity to support the Blue and Orange. I've always supported UVA Lacrosse. Now my allegiance will switch.

I hope we don't have any protesters out there for any of our games this year. It's not fair to these kids. It's not their war.

I'm planning on making the game. I don't expect it to be very competitive, but it's a great opportunity for us to measure ourselves and I think it can give us a glimpse of what we could potentially develop into with some time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT