ADVERTISEMENT

Kobie Turner drafted in third round

My wife and I visited LA this weekend and went to the Rams / Browns game as part of it. It was “My Cause My Cleats” day and Kobie had a design in honor of Gus Lee.

At game end, my wife (a VT girl who married into this) caught Kobie’s attention by calling his name and pointing out the UR clear bag she had. He came over and tossed up a glove (blue one that missed the mark and fell to fans below followed by a white one we caught). It will be a great memory.

When these guys leave Richmond and go to another school, do they ever show any allegiance
to the Spiders?
I always wonder why we should care after they left us?

When these guys leave Richmond and go to another school, do they ever show any allegiance
to the Spiders?
I always wonder why we should care after they left us?
Kobie graduated from Richmond. It wasn’t like he left after a year or two. Huge difference in my book. As mentioned, he’s shown plenty of attention to UR and clearly picked up by the announcers as they discuss him attending Richmond. I get griping about transfers but don’t think all situations are the same.

Kobie graduated from Richmond. It wasn’t like he left after a year or two. Huge difference in my book. As mentioned, he’s shown plenty of attention to UR and clearly picked up by the announcers as they discuss him attending Richmond. I get griping about transfers but don’t think all situations are the same.

I agree with this last comment. I don't like all the transfers in the world we are now in, but for me, the distinction is if you graduate from UR and go somewhere else for your last year. I don't like it, but I get it. Especially if you have the chance to make big money in the pros by doing so.

I wonder if he would have been drafted that high if he had not transferred to an ACC school. I would hope he showed enough to scouts with his performance at U of R, but it translated to a higher level of competition so that might have helped.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT