ADVERTISEMENT

Just noticed our roster has been updated

Reactions: urfan1
btw ... thought Mooney was 6'6". he looks almost as tall as Sal and Matt, and way taller than Connor.

This is the most size we have ever had on a Richmond roster I believe. Should be interesting.

So guys took Nick, Nate, Sal and Zay's numbers? And Quinn has to go from 33 to 32, presumably bc Golden was 33 and they may be done issuing that #?

Bigelow (4) and Roche (11) moved to the numbers they had at their previous schools, but Quinn (32) took a new number for himself.

Randolph's move to Sal's 2 (his high school number) freed up 11 for Roche, while Weaver's move to Kulju's 10 freed up 32 for Quinn. Walz was 21 on his high school team, so he may have grabbed that after Wilson vacated it. Crabtree was 5 at Tulane, so he just had to wait a few years for Sherod to give it up. :)

So guys took Nick, Nate, Sal and Zay's numbers? And Quinn has to go from 33 to 32, presumably bc Golden was 33 and they may be done issuing that #?
weird that we're announcing Quinn, Bigelow and Roche changing numbers when they haven't even played with a number here yet.
Quinn apparently wore 32 in HS.
maxresdefault.jpg

weird that we're announcing Quinn, Bigelow and Roche changing numbers when they haven't even played with a number here yet.
Quinn apparently wore 32 in HS.
Quinn and Bigelow were shown wearing the previous numbers in the photos on their press releases when they signed. Roche's number wasn't visible because he was crushing a basketball between his fists.

• Haha
Reactions: gospidersgo
Quinn and Bigelow were shown wearing the previous numbers in the photos on their press releases when they signed. Roche's number wasn't visible because he was crushing a basketball between his fists.
"Quinn wants 32, Bigelow wants 4, and Roche wants 11?
Yeah, we haven't washed those yet. Tell them to grab something else and smile for the camera."

Reactions: MrTbone
and we need a new photographer or photo colorist or something. Walz and Quinn are overexposed.
Has Quinn found time for a new photo, but Walz has not? Still at HS?

Yeah, Walz wouldn't be on campus yet.

Those initial photos for the new guys were taken from their promo photo shoots during their visits. They were originally on dark backgrounds with fancy lighting effects, and they just cropped some of those and removed the backgrounds.

photoshop-guy definitely improved the Quinn photo.
hasn't gotten to the Walz one though.

Goose and Malcolm look like they're hitting the weight room hard in the gallery.

Goose and Malcolm look like they're hitting the weight room hard in the gallery.
Always thought Dread was a pretty solid/strong guy coming out of h.s. Thought it looked like Dji put on some muscle, which I think will help him immensely.

Get Goose working with Grant WIlliams shot coach, and he could be a monster this year. I'm sure one of the Euro trip sponsors could fund that via some type of NIL deal or something. In any case, like I mentioned with Crab - I think a full and healthy off season could kick Goose' game up a notch. Last year he basically came in cold with no offseason or pre-season and was a huge contributor. Hoping a solid off season allows him to be even better and improve his offense.

Good run down from JOC. Nice that Quinn looks like the guy that can step in and keep the offense humming.

Despite losing the oldest team in the history of college basketball, we look to be in good shape having some really solid experience 2-5 positions.

That point guard position is really going to be critical. I like the options there, but is really the only position that is not "old" in a good way.

Always thought Dread was a pretty solid/strong guy coming out of h.s. Thought it looked like Dji put on some muscle, which I think will help him immensely.

Get Goose working with Grant WIlliams shot coach, and he could be a monster this year. I'm sure one of the Euro trip sponsors could fund that via some type of NIL deal or something. In any case, like I mentioned with Crab - I think a full and healthy off season could kick Goose' game up a notch. Last year he basically came in cold with no offseason or pre-season and was a huge contributor. Hoping a solid off season allows him to be even better and improve his offense.
Most of these guys been off for couple of weeks and worked on their own. Now they are back the real work starts. I know Dji is focused on the things he was told too by coach, but he wants to get in the 195-200 lb range..He did measurements Monday and 6'6 182. He has some work to do to get there. He is planning on hitting the weights hard this summer. A 6'6 195-200 Guard in the A10 can be a problem for a lot of teams, esp if he lives up to his potential. Excited for this team. 🕷️ 🏀

I did notice they list him 6'5 on the official site, and thought he might have an inch on that. Sounds like will be updated. Agree that if he can add a few pounds of muscle, with his length and quickness - can be a problem. A good problem for us :)
Yeah, don't think they have updated it fully and I don't think everyone is back on campus yet, missing a couple of guys at least as of Tues. Praying for a healthy year for Dji and all of our guys.

I'm sure the wrist held Dji's weight training back last year. but if he's only 2 lbs more than last year now at 182, I'll be surprised if he's hitting 195 soon. some guys don't put on weight easily.

if he's playing point, he's way more than big enough. he's plenty big for off guard too. there's no chance size holds him back. just keep grinding.

Reactions: SpiderDad75
You
I'm sure the wrist held Dji's weight training back last year. but if he's only 2 lbs more than last year now at 182, I'll be surprised if he's hitting 195 soon. some guys don't put on weight easily.

if he's playing point, he's way more than big enough. he's plenty big for off guard too. there's no chance size holds him back. just keep grinding.
nailed it with the wrist. But def needs to get more weight as he is thinking long-term. This is something his trainer, nutritionist, and David have stressed to him. He may not reach that target weight by end of summer but is something he is striving to reach. it. Being 6'6 195-200 with his skill set puts him in a great position physically for him to achieve his goals. You are correct about his size but with weight comes strength. He has the positional size for the league, but that is a long way off. He has fluctuated some and I think he said he was close to 190 mid-season but then lost some.

The University of Richmond’s last point guard, Jacob Gilyard, started every game of his career. Spiders coach Chris Mooney this week was asked if that exceptional achievement might be repeated by UR’s next point guard.

“Yes,” he responded. [...]

Mooney noted that 6-5 graduate Andre Gustavson has played some point guard. It's possible 6-5 junior Dji Bailey may occasionally fill in there. But Mooney signaled this will be Nelson’s show from the get-go by not acquiring a point guard after 6-0 Isaiah Wilson entered the transfer portal on March 24.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT