ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Robinson - 2024 Signee

1000000000% committed, so that's good.

Just saw that he visited a few days ago after having announced a Top 6 of UR, Princeton, Yale, Penn, Columbia, and Mercer.

6'7" SF out of Jacksonville, Florida. Gipe is on him. Mason, Ohio, and South Florida offers, plus a bunch more generally below our level. Yale too, so academics must be there.

I base a lot of my of thoughts on a recruit based upon what other programs are seriously interested in him. If a kid is a player other good schools and coaches are going to be on him. We should generally not be taking kids our peer schools are not after.

He did have offers from Mason and South Florida, two schools I would consider peers and then a bunch of lower mid major offers. He obviously valued education as he has a bunch of offers from the Ivy's and they all made it into this Final 6.

Like his athleticism, seems to have a college ready body, and I like that as a wing he can/likes to dunk with authority and ease. We need both bigger athletic wings and he fits that mold. Downside is he doesn't seem to have much of an outside game though, which we know Moondog values, but if he had that, he is probably getting a lot of P6 offers.

All in all, I like the pick-up.

a couple places list him at 6'6" 190.
unless he's playing on a 9' rim, he looks bigger than that. maybe growing late?

Reactions: urfan1
97 - Agree, if he was knocking down threes at a high rate likely would have been recruited at much higher level. But, just like you cannot teach height, you can't really teach his type of hops and strength. Hopefully we can develop him like Radford developed Javonte Green, who had zero D1 offers other than Radford (also was a football recruit) - yet you can see from the get go would be one of the most athletic guys on the court. Kevin Smith was a guy like that too. You can just watch a little tape and say this guy has plus plus athleticism.
I did see one HUDL highlight where Jaylen made 2 threes in a game, he does not look bad shooting them. Really like this pick up.

Agree sman, unless he is playing with middle schoolers, he looks pretty big and strong - compare him to Noyes now who is listed at 6'7 195 and he looks bigger.

Reactions: urfan1
OK, final hyping for the moment on Jaylen. Lot of guys you can show dunk highlights. The thing so impressive about his clips is the effortless and quick manner he can get up. Catches bounce pass, boom dunking down on the rim before you can blink. Beats man to the basket, already dunked.
Keep working on that handle and shot Jaylen, you have a high ceiling. Think Javonte Green.

Awesome, really like these two!

Even though MDspider8 advised against it, I am going to keep holding my breath until Jennings announcement this afternoon. Hoping Section9 is on his way to St. Christopher's in the next hour with a barrel of NIL $$$$$$$.
Actually, that is my job...
I'm bringing enough to cover 1 year's tuition at St. Chris for their entire enrollment...
That should do it...

I sense a Scott's Tots moment...

the-office-cry.gif

This guy has got to be top 3 athlete in Mooney ERA - D Garrett, and Kevin Smith the other two. I'm sure I'm missing someone else, but Robinson looks like a very high ceiling type of guy.
For some reason I am still upset we didn't get Grant Williams...

Reactions: spider23
This guy has got to be top 3 athlete in Mooney ERA - D Garrett, and Kevin Smith the other two. I'm sure I'm missing someone else, but Robinson looks like a very high ceiling type of guy.
Don't forget about Goose. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT