ADVERTISEMENT

It's Tourny Time: Spiders vs Ramblers

The game was over after 2 minutes. We just punched them right in the face and they had no answer the rest of the game. Love that approach! Hopefully Townsend is good to go for tomorrow; she got body-checked really hard late in the game and was down for a minute, but she did come back and finish out the game.

I think it's 6 one way, half a dozen the other; Duquesne we had a road game and a poor shooting night and Mason we had a road game but went to OT. I think from a crowd-control/input perspective, would rather have Duquesne since it's easier for Mason fans to get there.

I think the gals know the game plan from here on out and can just get back to business. I bet we get Duquesne, but whoever it is will be tired as they are in a close one going into 4Q.

Reactions: urfan1
Duquesne wins by 1 on a crazy ending. They're hotter but I think we would rather have this matchup.

Mason was inbounding under their basket and got fouled, and the refs initially called it a shooting foul to send Mason to the line for two with 0.5 seconds left. Then there was a long ref huddle and they (correctly, I think) called it a non-shooting foul. Mason inbounded again and got a point-blank shot off but it rolled out.

Duquesne is a hot team but I'm sure our team wants that revenge game. It's also best case scenario in terms of both of these teams really having to battle a full game, while we relatively cruised. Duquesne will be playing their 3rd day in a row tomorrow and Richmond will be the much fresher team. Hoping it shows up in the second half in the legs!

They were outplayed that entire game. Enjoy watching the rest of the tournament from home, lady lambs!

St. Joe's in danger against URI, and if they fall we'll be the only double-bye team still standing. Obviously Duquesne, URI, and SLU are good enough on any given day to beat top teams, but the seeds are potentially clearing out in front of us.

If we take care of business, this is our for the taking. We must be disciplined, take care of the ball, most of all, be quick but not in a hurry! Go Spiders🕷️🕸️👏

Reactions: mr.spider
Love all the discussion on here. Just watched the game on delay. Great energy, great play, and great crowd! Way to go Spiders! Keep it up.

Reactions: urfan1
I'd think this helps UR a lot. None of the other A10 bubble teams can leapfrog UR with a better (non-title) run in the tournament now and in fact, all had damaging losses. To me, it just makes UR stand alone as reg. season winner and now in conf. semis as the only at-large / should be in candidate.

It does. We are the only at large, or easily the best, candidate in a10 now. My concern is we r 54 Net much better than men’s but some similar issues. While the women deserve a bid imo, Duquesne is 123 so that would be a damaging loss even tho Duq is pretty good. Get this W today and I’d feel much better. Of course win today & auto bid odds increases good amount. But like u said based on some seedings a loss today could be dicey. I’m not very familiar w women’s bubble however.

Spiders are the better team, but the Dukes are putting up a fight. Spider lead is up to 8 though. Let’s see a push to get to double digits at the half.

37–27 at the half. Could have been more, but we’ll take it. Budnik is 5-for-7 from deep. Triples and free throws (Dukes have not gone to the line) are the difference so far.

Spiders need to take care of ball better in second half.
Up by 10 but way too many turnovers in that half. Dukes look scrappy and certainly can make a comeback.

Edit: Great Spider crowd on hand.

Reactions: mr.spider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT