ADVERTISEMENT

If so inclined to help a fellow Spider

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
804 Industries. Richmond start up, found by UR grad. We need your help!

All-

I don't usually post things like this but felt this one worthy. A recent grad trying to get his start in the world of merchandising and make some charitable donations at the same time.

My name is Morgan Davis, graduated UR in '09. I just launched an apparel company in Richmond called 804 Industries. We specialize in eco friendly bamboo framed polarized sunglasses and we will also be launching a shoe line this week!

I'm posting here because come Wednesday we will be launching a fundraising campaign on the website Indiegogo.com to raise funds for our first production run of our second product, our 804 Boulevard shoes. The shoes look similar to the classic boat shoe, but are made from canvas and we made some adjustments to make them our own. The interesting thing about the shoe line though, is that we partnered with several charities all of over the world and depending on what color or style shoe you choose we make a donation to a corresponding charity. For example, if you choose green we donate to a fund which plants trees, orange we donate to a children's related fund, blue we donate to a clean water fund, etc.

We will need as much help as we can get come wednesday, because if we can't raise the money, we can't make the shoes. The campaign will last 45 days and in return for a $50-$59 "donation" people will receive a pair of shoes if we happen to raise all the money we need, and if not the money will be refunded (the same as a kickstarter campaign).

Please let me know if you would be willing to spread the word or help out in anyway at all. Even things like tweets or facebook shout outs will help us immensely. As noted, the indiegogo campaign will be up and running come Wednesday, so I will provide a new link then.
Please message me if you are interested in helping us out!

To see our sunglasses head to 804industries.com and the see our shoes simply visit https://www.facebook.com/804Industries.

-Morgan T. Davis
UR, '09

sounds good, wonder if we purchase the black shoes, donations go to the IRS? good luck Morgan!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT