ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE Series this weekend!!!!

May 24, 2011
Everyone show up. This series determines whether or not UR goes to the conference tourney. If we sweep, we can be as high as the 3rd seed. Lose 3 and we're out. Essentially, it is a playoff series. Hope everyone will attend who can. Big tailgate planned in RF.

Go Spiders!!!!

I am pretty excited about this. Did I see correctly that it's a Thursday, Friday, Saturday series?

Will Jake be available to pitch?

I hope to see a large crowd out there too.

Bump. I'm sure the guys would love some extra support from us. I'm going to try and sneak out of work early today.

Hopefully will see you by first pitch tomorrow, certainly Senior Day on Saturday. Look for a nice tailgate Saturday. Hope the weather holds.

Great win today. We really jumped on them early.

Let's not worry about playoff scenarios - let's get a sweep!

Spiders win 8-5. Got nervous when they gave up 3 in the eighth, but Brockett retired the side in the ninth to close it out.

no I dont think we've clinched yet if I read the standings right and based on tiebreakers. we're in if we win saturday OR if st joes beats X. but if we lose and X wins we're out I believe. the wild card may be st joes. they have played 1 less game probably a rainout that never got made up which is helping them. had they lost that extra game we could have been in tiebreaker situation with them but since we didnt play head to head it would have come down to common opponents and no idea how we matched up there. but moot point anyway in that worst they could be is 13-10 and us 13-11. kind of blows when you have uneven games. a umass loss doesnt matter since they own tiebreaker, we own it vs fordham. maybe fordham will be down b/c they should be eliminated but can play spoiler. we control our own destiny though.

Great that a senior, Adam McConnell, could do it with a walk off single. This was a very exciting game. Go Spiders! A 10 here we come! Peaking at the right time!

Awesome third game. Check out the website for the GREAT defensive plays by McConnell, Small, Brockett, Cowell. Ruzbarsky in the second game. If you weren't there, the whole day was amazing, from the weather to the tailgaiting, to the baseball. Better than any lacrosse game I can think of. Truly a great weekend.

Hopefully, alums in NYC will go see the tourney and root the Spiders on!! Gotta go to the regionals BABY!!

Originally posted by Tarantula'sDad:
Better than any lacrosse game I can think of.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a post all typed out, but will take the high road...

LOL. I guess I'm used to taking the low road...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT