ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - Morgan State

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the MEAC Bears serve as this year's opponent for the home opener...unless I overlooked it the Spiders have never lost to a MEAC squad...to top that I don't think we have lost a home opener since UMass in 2005...I guess we learned a home opener lesson against the Minutemen: don't play a Top 20 ranked FCS opponent in your home opener!

Morgan State seems to be rebuilding again, but can play with nothing to lose and plenty to prove. They could be dangerous, however, on paper the Spiders seem to have more of every tangible measure. This is what we expected when we scheduled the Bears. I'd expect UR to be a significant double digit favorite.

I'll be looking to see if the Spiders will show The Brick House that they'll be playing eleven games this season to prove that last season's near Championship and FCS Playoff appearance were not a fluke. If the Spiders play hard, and execute well, this one should go just as the schedulers expected, a big win to start the season.

Enjoy the Countdown. The dog days shall pass!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
Morgan State had FBS Akron down by 4 this past Saturday with 52 seconds to play and only had to run out the clock, fumbles the ball and Akron scoops and scores for the win.

Not an excuse for Spiders poor showing, but maybe Morgan State defense is for real, they got 3 interceptions and forced 3 fumbles and recovered two of them. I guess time will tell as season goes on.

Morgan State had FBS Akron down by 4 this past Saturday with 52 seconds to play and only had to run out the clock, fumbles the ball and Akron scoops and scores for the win.

Not an excuse for Spiders poor showing, but maybe Morgan State defense is for real, they got 3 interceptions and forced 3 fumbles and recovered two of them. I guess time will tell as season goes on.

Plus our offense and special teams stink.That always helps an opposing defense/team look good.It seems that the chefs in the offensive/special teams kitchen don’t have ingredients to bake anything.Shades of Jim Reid type teams that relied on the defense to win games.That’s a bygone era strategy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT