ADVERTISEMENT

How We Can Support Women’s Basketball

SpiderLaw

Star
Jun 8, 2003
Our women’s team is off to a solid start. Team appears to have what it takes to win the league. To Mr.Hardt and staff - How about doing more than same old (almost no advertisement) of this team. A suggestion - market and sell $75 reserved seating and $40 General Admission for January to March home games. Let’s build a tradition for women’s basketball at UR. And to Spidernation friends, let’s all make an effort to attend.

Law - I'm happy to hear you are supportive of the women's team. Just as an FYI, you can buy a season ticket for $30 and basically sit anywhere you want. The team and coaches are extremely appreciative of any support - attendance, donations, etc. Last week I got a call from one of the players thanking me for my support without a pitch for a donation. During the call, I made a simple request and they followed through on it immediately.

I know some people are completely uninterested in women's sports. There was a time I could have been fairly accused of the same. But if you're not watching the program that Roussell is building you're missing out.

Law - I'm happy to hear you are supportive of the women's team. Just as an FYI, you can buy a season ticket for $30 and basically sit anywhere you want. The team and coaches are extremely appreciative of any support - attendance, donations, etc. Last week I got a call from one of the players thanking me for my support without a pitch for a donation. During the call, I made a simple request and they followed through on it immediately.

I know some people are completely uninterested in women's sports. There was a time I could have been fairly accused of the same. But if you're not watching the program that Roussell is building you're missing out.
Appreciate the response. Based on the pricing in place maybe everyone on the Athletic Department Mailing list should get a message from Coach Roussell and the AD encouraging folks to buy the 30 dollar pass and appeal for support during the stretch run.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT