ADVERTISEMENT

GW in Foggy Bottom Game Thread

May I remind you who we have as coach. I used to be like other UR fans. I used to be optimistic and get hyped for games. But disappointment after disappointment lead me to be very pessimistic about this program. I would say I want you to be right, but I really don't see it. All I see is 7 Chris Looney master class games.
1 down, 6 to go. Enjoy the ride............

giphy.gif

Reactions: wr70beh
WTF was that…. Bricked the layup

did he lose it going up or get fouled? I couldn't tell. It was a 1 footer just up strong. If he got hammered ok but I think he may have lost control.

That would have actually been 1 of our best wins on season considering we were down what 8 fairly late in 2nd and Burton was at 0 pts at the time & had clutch FTs by Dji and Goose. Bishop made some plays but have to close. We also gave up a 3 late where Burton was somehow helping inside for no reason and gave up too much room for 3 at top of key. I was like NOOOO.

Crusher. I'm sure Goose will get all the blame tho.

Really?. I did not know that
Understood - I didn’t hear the radio broadcast but scroll up and Black apparently said something before halftime about hip injury … and there has been a cold going around the team … I was shocked to see him even starting the 2nd half

Understood - I didn’t hear the radio broadcast but scroll up and Black apparently said something before halftime about hip injury … and there has been a cold going around the team … I was shocked to see him even starting the 2nd half
Hope TB feels better. But GW had 8 total scholarship players and just won a 2OT game...with a rookie head coach just starting to build a program.

Who cares? GW is a garbage team and we gave up 107 points to them. Unconscionable.
They are a marginally garbage team but we more than “competed” tonight much more than the Toledo, Bill and the Itch, and Clemson games I saw live that I almost lost it after …

This is Mooney in his purest form. We play down to opponents of any level, let teams hang around, play good defense when we can't score, play awful defense when we can score, fail to close out games, allow absurd three-point outbursts. This game literally had every element of Mooniocrity all wrapped into one.

That went just about as expected. Same old same old. Another game or two and total apathy will rule my day. Mooney sucks.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
They are a marginally garbage team but we more than “competed” tonight much more than the Toledo, Bill and the Itch, and Clemson games I saw live that I almost lost it after …

Agree. I did not see entire game, but I thought we were playing hard whenever I saw it. The bigger picture is GW being a toss up game. Which it was and lot of plays any team can point to in a double OT loss. but we had a toss up game against a team with no real home court advantage, similar to Umass, and lost it. That's just who we are. A bottom half A10 team fighting to avoid Tuesday at A10 tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT