ADVERTISEMENT

Even Gaffes are Contagious

Why would she show one iota of respect to a drunken party hack like Brett "I like beer!" Kavanaugh? And 74+ million people just confirmed Harris. Not 52 or 53 Senators pledged to put party before country.

And I don't recall Senator Harris racially insulting Kavanaugh, like Dumpo and Purdue did by intentionally mispronouncing her name, or calling her a monster, etc. Did she call Kavanaugh a Mick or Paddy, or say he's nothing better than a Shanty Irishman??

Jesus, Kavanaugh's last opinion in the Wisconsin voter-suppression case was riddled with mistakes and laughable to most legal scholars.

And Moscow Mitch isn't SML yet. Two more elections to go, in a state Biden just won.

Sorry I don't have more time to post. Too busy celebrating the restoration of democracy and decency to our country.

And as always, "Go Spiders!"
Please Lord let Biden live for 4.5 more years. Amen.

One-hundred and forty-one million Americans voted against Don Trump in the last two elections. That's 141,000,000, and still rising. Something to be proud of.

As I heard recently, the only way Don Trump gets to 270 is by losing 70 pounds.

Yep, and dumb ass made history joining Adams and Harrison as the only presidents to lose the popular vote twice.

Reactions: Wood Hall
There have only been 45 Presidents in the history of our country, and yet some nobody on here thinks he can
call a President a dumb ass. I don’t care which party, I thought the same thing when Obama was President, Bush was President, etc.
The arrogance and down right stupidity of that person amazes me.

There have only been 45 Presidents in the history of our country, and yet some nobody on here thinks he can
call a President a dumb ass. I don’t care which party, I thought the same thing when Obama was President, Bush was President, etc.

I’ll call Agent Orange a dumb ass.Does that help you understand?Calling Agent Orange a dumb ass is the most positive superlative which could be shared.Dumb ass is far from being an exact descriptor.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT4700
As if there are others on here who are not "nobodys"? Yes, I definitely think I can call the biggest dumb ass ever a dumb ass. Not sure how that makes me arrogant or stupid, but no worries. It is more than okay with me if a big time "nobody" on here calls me stupid. U mad? LOL.

There are asses on both sides. None from either party who has ascended to the presidency has been so ill-equipped, foul-mannered and generally as reprehensible a human being as Trump. Sometimes in life, an outlier is so egregiously one that prior standards aren't applicable. In my opinion and that of others, that's the case with Trump.

I'm hopeful that we can return to normal political discourse that is based upon disagreement about how to run the nation – with both sides having facts to support their reasonable positions – as opposed to the utter nonsense we have endured the past four years from someone who mostly cares not about either side but about himself. And I hope that if either party ever again produces someone like Trump, those from all sides will take the necessary steps to prevent that person from ever ending up in this position again.

Reactions: VT4700
Ad Hominem attacks do not advance any type of understanding and speak more about the person resorting to them than to whatever point they are attempting to convey.

Ad Hominem attacks do not advance any type of understanding and speak more about the person resorting to them than to whatever point they are attempting to convey.
That's why I don't call somebody a monster, crazy, a total stiff, or pathetic, etc. Using those terms to describe another human being certainly does speak volumes about the person resorting to them.

In most cases, I might concur, spider fan, but IMO as stated, Trump is so egregiously unique in the history of American politics that this is an entirely different animal. He's MADE it all about himself. He wants credit for everything good and refuses any criticism or blame for anything bad. He's fired almost all of the major agency heads HE hired or forced them to quit, sometimes several in the same agency. What does that say? He insults anyone who disagrees with him. He lies. He provokes. He simply behaves like a child – in fact worse than most children I know – and it's irresponsible for the rest of us NOT to call him out on it. I wish more people in government hadn't just stood idly by for four years while he did this.

Calling someone like this out when he lies and acts like a fool doesn't mean that anyone is out to get him, as I've heard repeatedly from a lot of people. It simply means the rest of us are holding him accountable to standards of accepted conduct. If a schoolyard bully insults other kids every day on the playground, then beats them up and steals their money, are they supposed to just take it with a smile and invite him over for birthday cake? Or are they supposed to do something about it?

We can't just stand around excusing behavior like his as somehow acceptable because he was "an outsider." Again, Republicans, Democrats, independents, Libertarians, whoever else – I welcome rational debate and discussion from all. It's in part what our country was founded upon. But Trump is a different animal... the type I hope we never hear from again.

Last edited:
I certainly did NOT vote for Trump, almost entirely due to his personality.
But, I do remember people calling George W. Bush dumb, and Barrack Obama
dumb. People who think that a person that is able to rise to the level of the
Presidency is dumb, only show that they need to self evaluate themselves.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
Since you were talking about me earlier, not that it matters, but I have never called any other president anything close to that. Just the opposite, as I have respected all previous presidents.

Overheated rhetoric, no matter who says it, helps no one. Our country is very polarized and that is unhelpful as well. Several changes to the procedural rules in the U.S. Senate have exacerbated the situation. Changes made by the party controlling the Senate or House at the time inevitably come back to bite them. Every president and every person in government, like everyone of us, has shortcomings(sins). Often think of John F. Kennedy's book "Profiles in Courage" and wonder to myself who would pass muster to be included today? It has gotten to the point where voting along party lines regardless of the question at hand has become the norm. Principle has taken a flyer. It is much more difficult to find someone who sets a good moral example in the highest ranks of government than used to be the case. Acknowledge that in the past things were often left unsaid that particularly due to social media are now widely disseminated without any reticence. I pray for whoever the leaders of our country are and particularly that we will find more common ground. The trend has been to emphasize things that divide us instead of those that unite us. Tearing down and bad mouthing our country helps no one. Building up and emphasizing the many blessings and advantages we enjoy as Americans is a better way to go.

Overheated rhetoric, no matter who says it, helps no one. Our country is very polarized and that is unhelpful as well. Several changes to the procedural rules in the U.S. Senate have exacerbated the situation. Changes made by the party controlling the Senate or House at the time inevitably come back to bite them. Every president and every person in government, like everyone of us, has shortcomings(sins). Often think of John F. Kennedy's book "Profiles in Courage" and wonder to myself who would pass muster to be included today? It has gotten to the point where voting along party lines regardless of the question at hand has become the norm. Principle has taken a flyer. It is much more difficult to find someone who sets a good moral example in the highest ranks of government than used to be the case. Acknowledge that in the past things were often left unsaid that particularly due to social media are now widely disseminated without any reticence. I pray for whoever the leaders of our country are and particularly that we will find more common ground. The trend has been to emphasize things that divide us instead of those that unite us. Tearing down and bad mouthing our country helps no one. Building up and emphasizing the many blessings and advantages we enjoy as Americans is a better way to go.
Well said!!!

I certainly did NOT vote for Trump, almost entirely due to his personality.
But, I do remember people calling George W. Bush dumb, and Barrack Obama
dumb. People who think that a person that is able to rise to the level of the
Presidency is dumb, only show that they need to self evaluate themselves.

With respect, voting for President should never be about personalities, it should be about policies. Pay attention to what they do and stand for, not about what they say. Words are cheap, whether you like them or not. "I have a plan" means little or nothing if you don't put one in place or at least try to put one in place. Let's see if the new guy really has a plan he can make happen, and whether or not it benefits the entire country, not just one demographic.

With respect, voting for President should never be about personalities, it should be about policies. Pay attention to what they do and stand for, not about what they say. Words are cheap, whether you like them or not. "I have a plan" means little or nothing if you don't put one in place or at least try to put one in place. Let's see if the new guy really has a plan he can make happen, and whether or not it benefits the entire country, not just one demographic.
I totally agree with you. I just didn’t want to go into it, though, his personality made me take a closer look.
I chose what I felt most comfortable with- a write-in.

I totally agree with you. I just didn’t want to go into it, though, his personality made me take a closer look.
I chose what I felt most comfortable with- a write-in.
Did the same in 2016. Only vote for President of United States that I am aware I ever received. Disappointed couldn't even bring the wife along, but made sure to let the kids know that I was in the running. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnapSpider
Did the same in 2016. Only vote for President of United States that I am aware I ever received. Disappointed couldn't even bring the wife along, but made sure to let the kids know that I was in the running. ;)
A friend of mine went one better in 2016. He wrote in his wife and let her know he did it...

Reactions: AnnapSpider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT