ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Ennis

Apr 13, 2015
Any update on his situation? Probably looking for a Power 5 conference but think he'd be a perfect fit here. Jay Wright style offense somewhat similar to CM's version of the princeton

That makes us not a good fit for him. He is leaving Nova because he doesn't like the offense. Wants to play in a traditional offense where the PG (him) has the ball in his hands all the time. We can't offer that or at least we don't show that on film etc.

Also, I would bet that Mooney will never, ever take a 5th year senior transfer. He basically only plays guys who know the match up defense, which is part of the reason why it is so hard for freshmen to break into his rotation.

He's looking for a transfer to invest in--a year to sit out and learn, and 2 or 3 to play.

Originally posted by kneepadmckinney:

Also, I would bet that Mooney will never, ever take a 5th year senior transfer. He basically only plays guys who know the match up defense, which is part of the reason why it is so hard for freshmen to break into his rotation.

He's looking for a transfer to invest in--a year to sit out and learn, and 2 or 3 to play.
Well, TJ, K0, Ced, SDJ, KA, ANO, TA, TD, DT, Geriot all got plenty 10+ minutes in their first years on the court here if i am not mistaken. Players will play if they are the best option.

Originally posted by kneepadmckinney:

I'll take that bet.

Dylan Ennis is a player. If he wants to come here on a one year flyer to be our PG, I' think that would be a huge get. SDJ basically played the 2 that past 2 years anyway, so it is not like he would have to adjust to playing that.

I kind of agree with Philly though, if Ennis wants to be "the man" and have the offense run through him as a PG, our system does not exactly operate that way, especially when you have big men like Terry and TJ that are established scoring threats.

I personally think that if we take a one year guy this year, the only position that makes sense is the 2 guard position and the player that we bring in has to have a well established scoring pedigree to fill that need.

We are going to see some packed in tight zones if we don't have a 2 & 3 that can shoot respectably. As far as I know, we have one true shooter (SDJ) and one respectable shooter (TJ). I wouldn't even guard the rest on the perimeter. TA should be a beast inside if he can get in there. Hopefully some of these young men on the bench can shoot and loosen that zone. Might be nice to bring in a transfer 6'3" PG that can shoot and see over the defense and distribute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT