ADVERTISEMENT

Duquesne

They played Dayton close twice. That's all I need to know to tell me they are very dangerous. The committee could be looking at this game, and saying "okay Richmond, go earn it."

Reactions: fatherspider
Wild stat of the day...

In A-10 games, UR allows the fewest offensive rebounds, Duquesne the most.
UR gets the fewest blocks, Duquesne the most.

They are not the best matchup for us. I am hoping that we get a lead early and shoot well from deep. That seems to be a good formula for us.
Yes it is. But their 3 pt defense has been much better than their 2 pt defense both in and out of conference, we will see how that hold up.

They played Dayton close twice. That's all I need to know to tell me they are very dangerous. The committee could be looking at this game, and saying "okay Richmond, go earn it."
They've also won 21 games. This is a very good team. I know VCU is struggling but they just went into Costco and won and that is not an easy feat.

And yes, this is an absolute must win for us. We have to win this game if we want to stay in the at large picture.

They'll have the emotional edge at home and with it being senior night for them as well.

Reactions: plydogg
They'll have the emotional edge at home and with it being senior night for them as well.

Jon Rothstein tweeted out last night that there is data to back up that teams perform worse at home when an “event/ceremony” is going on before that game. He’s extremely data driven so I believe it (although twitter responses roasted him - but I don’t put much stock into 10 follower accounts) so hopefully that holds true and this actually takes away from Duquesne instead of helping them

Hey, we swept GW! And blew them out both times!

Unfortunately the last regular season spider game I went to was at GW (I believe in 2018) and we got blown out and embarrassed. I was able to go to the A10 tourney that year and at least see us win one game.

Moving back to the west coast has been amazing except for the one drawback of not being able to see the Spiders play. But on the bright side should be able to catch a Bakersfield game or two next season to see Buck play

Jon Rothstein tweeted out last night that there is data to back up that teams perform worse at home when an “event/ceremony” is going on before that game. He’s extremely data driven so I believe it (although twitter responses roasted him - but I don’t put much stock into 10 follower accounts) so hopefully that holds true and this actually takes away from Duquesne instead of helping them
Ply, was actually thinking of many senior nights that went south, and the team played worse than usual. Rhody looked like crap last night on there sr night, but of course Dayton will do that to you. Hopefully it works in our favor.

Reactions: plydogg
Keith Dambrot did an interview on the 3 Bid League podcast and said they struggle more with the smaller, quicker teams than the other bigger teams in the league. I hope he's correct.

Keith Dambrot did an interview on the 3 Bid League podcast and said they struggle more with the smaller, quicker teams than the other bigger teams in the league. I hope he's correct.
Since we are looking at spelling...
How about coach Damn Bro?

Poor play by Jacob at the end of the half. Look for someone at the 3 point line after you drive if you are totally covered.

why not try to get a better look than that with 1 second left. I dont get it.

Good half though. Feel like we could be up more.

Dukes are 3-12 from the line, although one of those misses turned into an offensive rebound and a three.

Still, that’s largely what’s saving our bacon so far.

Good news is our three-point shooting has been terrible, and we had early turnovers, and still are up eight. Get hot from three and we should win going away.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Thought they are at PPG...penguins hockey arena....theres is getting remodeled
Over half at PPG, some at Robert Morris...

Penquins? Don’t the Pittsburgh Condors pro basketball team play here?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT