ADVERTISEMENT

Do we need a recruiter?

No. More like assistant coach needs to be a master of above the rim play and a master of disquising defenses. Folks been seeking him for years. DB Cooper.

Last edited:
Back to the topic, I presume we are actually still trying to hire another assistant/associate coach?

We had a chance to win both of those games at UNC. The first one I think was our best chance, as I recall. Down a couple buckets with a couple minutes left.
Yea I was given two tickets for each game by UNC season ticket holder. I was single red pullover in a sea of Carolina Blue.
The other ticket was to a tar heel and he had to buy my dinner each time. If I remember we went out a double digit lead at half and just had a couple bad breaks at the end of
that first game.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Yep. And my money is on Baucom. Former head coach. Good recruiter. Knows Virginia. Recruited Roche to Citadel. We could do worse.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Here's your DB...

So not this guy?

but this guy…

5 years at Radford with Jones before joining him in Greensboro...should make 23 happy.

Reactions: spider23
I don't know if Mooney had an inkling he'd lose all three assistants, but I do like the way things played out with a nice combination of consistency and freshness...he's got the internal promotion for continuity, the former Spider who's had a good number of years elsewhere (albeit still in the Mooney tree) for a good mix, and the new guy who can bring some new ideas and perspective and as a bonus already has familiarity/ties with the area.

5 years at Radford with Jones before joining him in Greensboro...should make 23 happy.
This hire looks good to me, I like the outside perspective and experience. Quote from one of the articles above when he was hired by Jones:

“He also brings a wealth of recruiting experience and contacts throughout the region, including throughout the great state of North Carolina,” Jones said. “Dave is an impactful driver of our culture because of his approach to life with fun, joy and positivity that is infectious to everyone around him.

Hey;

How come Queally isn't just spending a couple million on NIL deals for some upgraded recruits for you guys?

Getting from good source, GIpe has been doing great job recruiting for us and deserves a lot of credit. Smith and Roche, big part in their signing.
??? But I thought he looked like he should sell knives and can’t recruit? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT