ADVERTISEMENT

College of Charleston Game Thread 11/14/2022

tried this.... got this response :( guess I will bite the bullet for a month.
Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting FloSports Customer Support. While we do not have free trials for any FloSports websites ongoing at this time, we will be more than happy to try and help answer questions in regards to whether you can utilize the service. Here is a list of devices and browsers we support and here is information on needed internet speed and how to check if your service can provide this.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be most happy to assist!

tried this.... got this response :( guess I will bite the bullet for a month.
Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting FloSports Customer Support. While we do not have free trials for any FloSports websites ongoing at this time, we will be more than happy to try and help answer questions in regards to whether you can utilize the service. Here is a list of devices and browsers we support and here is information on needed internet speed and how to check if your service can provide this.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we will be most happy to assist!
I have found FloSports to be very good, I use it for football and bad when needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
FYI - looks like the game @ William and Mary on 12/3 is also only available on FloHoops. So at least if you choose to buy the monthly plan for tonight's game, you should also get the W&M game within your month subscription. Think I can stomach the $30 if I get two games out of it.

Reactions: plydogg
good luck. hope they start your billing cycle now and don't charge you prorated for Nov. and then Dec. full as a 2nd month at the top of the month. $30/mo is brutal, no chance I'm doing that.

Do we have some injury or someone missing for another reason tonight?

The spread has gone from Richmond -3.5 to Richmond +3. That is some crazy movement you don't see in hoops very much. Either that or everyone out there has been betting CoC.

Do we have some injury or someone missing for another reason tonight?

The spread has gone from Richmond -3.5 to Richmond +3. That is some crazy movement you don't see in hoops very much. Either that or everyone out there has been betting CoC.
My buddy in his analysis of this found that maybe 90% of ppl at Caesars were betting on the Cougars ... but agree insane line change ... just got back to my hotel in Charleston and didn't realize I was at the team hotel but have seem a scattering of staff around the lobby where I'm sitting now.

I saw it moving earlier, One thing I did notice first thing this morning, Greg Peterson - a college hoops guy for VSIN - did his main write up for the day pumping up Charleston - essentially noting how deep Charleston is and portraying the Spiders as Burton and the nobodies. This should be a great game. Actually think this may be a let down spot for Charleston after they were up on UNC for so long then got trucked at the end.

Ok I just watched most of the Charleston / UNC replay from Friday night on ESPN+. Encourage others to do the same. A few observations:
1. Charleston has some real talent on the team — much better than I was expecting.
2. Best players seem to be 2 (pg), 3 (sg) and 5 (sf/pf). 5 will be a match up problem and we will definitely need goose to step up. #2 is their best shooter.
3. They shot lights out from 3 in first half. If they’re hitting at a similar clip for 40 minutes it will be tough to beat them.
4. They are a strong offensive rebounding team, mostly as a result of their hustle.
Im guessing Richmond will be a 2 or 3 point underdog but my money will be on the Spiders!
Makes sense the line moved to me. I originally estimated us as 2 or 3 pt underdogs after watching both games, and def was surprised to see us open as the favorites.
Charleston looked very strong against the #1 team in the country. And reality is the two teams we played are not good.
My money is still on the spiders, but Charleston is the safer bet right now and they should be playing with confidence at home.
This will be a great test tonight and think we will learn a lot about our team after this game.

Makes sense the line moved to me. I originally estimated us as 2 or 3 pt underdogs after watching both games, and def was surprised to see us open as the favorites.
Charleston looked very strong against the #1 team in the country. And reality is the two teams we played are not good.
My money is still on the spiders, but Charleston is the safer bet right now and they should be playing with confidence at home.
This will be a great test tonight and think we will learn a lot about our team after this game.

thats still a huge swing. A bad miss by Vegas as u get a lot of ppl hitting the middle on 6.5 pt line change. I liked Charleston too & obv everyone else does. But hey sometimes that’s a great sign! Vegas could be loser both ways tho I don’t expect this game has a ton of $ action. U probably see it a little more often early in season.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
thats still a huge swing. A bad miss by Vegas as u get a lot of ppl hitting the middle on 6.5 pt line change. I liked Charleston too & obv everyone else does. But hey sometimes that’s a great sign! Vegas could be loser both ways tho I don’t expect this game has a ton of $ action. U probably see it a little more often early in season.
These are not big bet teams. If a significant majority went to Charleston when it opened then Vegas moves the line to encourage betting on the spiders. Since there’s not a lot of volume then they need to make a more drastic move.

I don’t think this an example of Vegas taking a position, but rather just trying to get the money to 50/50 so they can collect their juice.

These are not big bet teams. If a significant majority went to Charleston when it opened then Vegas moves the line to encourage betting on the spiders. Since there’s not a lot of volume then they need to make a more drastic move.

I don’t think this an example of Vegas taking a position, but rather just trying to get the money to 50/50 so they can collect their juice.
yeah, but like GK said they've opened themselves up to a pretty big gap in the middle where they could lose both ways. they want 50/50 without that gap.

yeah, but like GK said they've opened themselves up to a pretty big gap in the middle where they could lose both ways. they want 50/50 without that gap.
Not really. The $s are small so they may use an algorithm to start the line and then just move it. They likely aren’t taking a position as to who they really think is the favorite like what you see during the NFL season.

I am going to admit to being the sharp whale with the fake out play here. Went big on Charleston at first with the fakeout b/c I wanted to move the line and get some more points for my Spiders. U R welcome.

I am going to admit to being the sharp whale with the fake out play here. Went big on Charleston at first with the fakeout b/c I wanted to move the line and get some more points for my Spiders. U R welcome.
So if hypothetically, I bet half my net worth on Charleston +3, and then the other at spiders +3 , If it is a close game (spiders by 2) I should be ok, right?

Solo tailgating at rooftop bar (inside since even Charleston is cold today) close by but plan to head into TD arena around 6 since one of my favorite times about seeing away games is getting in early before the crowd arrives to take it all in.
Kk you’re making up for skipping Friday night’s game. Hope you’re loud tonight!

TD is a nice smaller arena it seems … in analogy form like a Broadway NY theater versus Rupp likes seems like the Mosque/Altria or the Fox in the ATL

I might be a little late here, but subscribed to Flohoops with my @richmond.edu email, and it charged me a student price of $6.99 for a month. If anyone wants to take advantage

I might be a little late here, but subscribed to Flohoops with my @richmond.edu email, and it charged me a student price of $6.99 for a month. If anyone wants to take advantage
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

Reactions: urmite
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT