ADVERTISEMENT

Chemotti has to be on their radar

Why would he have any interest in Utah? It’d almost be like starting over. There are much better programs he’ll have shots at.

Why would he have any interest in Utah? It’d almost be like starting over. There are much better programs he’ll have shots at.
Ask Bill Tierney why he left Princeton for Denver some 11 years ago.

UTAH will be seeking out Chemotti.

What are the other “better“programs which you refer?Maybe he should wait for the Duke coach to retire.

Last edited:
Meh, not nearly the same situation. Tierney had accomplished everything under the sun at Princeton. He was in a “drought” by his standards and looking for a new challenge as he got later into his career.

Chemotti could be in line for any number of top jobs. I don’t see a two-year-old program heading into the ASUN as a desirable landing spot for him. It’d basically be like taking a 5+-year step back.

Meh, not nearly the same situation. Tierney had accomplished everything under the sun at Princeton. He was in a “drought” by his standards and looking for a new challenge as he got later into his career.

Chemotti could be in line for any number of top jobs. I don’t see a two-year-old program heading into the ASUN as a desirable landing spot for him. It’d basically be like taking a 5+-year step back.
I totally agree.
I’d put my money on an ACC or even Big 10 team, if he desires to make a change.
I get the feeling that Hardt will do whatever he can to keep a Chemotti.

The ASUN is a stop gap measure in order for an additional team to qualify for an AQ to the LAX dance.

As a conference it will morph into something else in a few years.

Chemotti along with his Duke classmate now as HC at Lehigh will be on the Utes list for sure.Both are 41 years old.

The AD would be smart to enlist the expertise of Dom Starsia to assist in the HC search.If so,he’s pretty familiar with ChemottI.

Why did the Marquette coach leave for Navy a couple of years ago?Is it an upgrade?Not so sure.Maybe the coach wanted a change of scenery.

I’m partial to Deer Valley so I may have to recuse myself.

32, I really think that Hardt will do whatever is necessary to keep Chemotti on board.
And my conversation with Charley Toomey makes me believe that Chemotti feels like
he’s where he wants to be.

However it plays out let's hope we can keep Chemotti for a long time. There is no doubt he is one of the best coaches(maybe the best, but would go for Tarrant for that accolade) Richmond has ever had in any sport.

However it plays out let's hope we can keep Chemotti for a long time. There is no doubt he is one of the best coaches(maybe the best, but would go for Tarrant for that accolade) Richmond has ever had in any sport.
I can’t go that far, but he is obviously an excellent coach that learned his trade as an assinstant to
the Nth degree.
Now he has to start winning some playoff games. And get us out of the SoCo.

Reactions: spider fan
Yes Annap and after I posted in fairness I thought of the legendary Mac Pitt who in 34-35 coached the basketball team to a 20-0 record and served the school faithfully for years. Depends on how you measure success. Was "waxing poetic" about greatness and can definitely say Chemotti is the best men's lacrosse coach we have ever had. Agree about post season wins. Think the conference alignment is a tough challenge. Best setup would be to be invited to join ACC for lacrosse, but that is a "pipe dream" until/unless we have a lot more success against ACC teams(starting with a win over UVA). Hopefully we can continue to keep ACC teams on our schedule.

We're definitely in a tough spot conference-wise. It's unfortunate that the SoCon is going to be even weaker going forward, but I don't know what other reasonable options we have.

I guess the first question is, what is our goal in changing conferences? We do a good job of getting auto bids out of the SoCon, but we're having trouble taking that next step. Moving up to a better conference makes the auto bids more challenging to get, and unfortunately with the small field and the ACC soaking up half the at-large bids, those are hard to come by. So by moving, we could end up being a better program in a better conference, but not qualifying for NCAAs very often.

- ACC is obviously a terrific geographic fit and I'd love for us to be in with the best teams in the country, but definitely a pipe dream.

- CAA feels like it should be a natural home, but it's very northern focused and they don't get at-large bids. Towson, Drexel, Delaware would be our closest conference mates.

- Big East is a mess of a geographic conference, but Georgetown and somewhat Villanova are good partners. But then you've got Providence, Marquette, and Denver all over the place. They do tend to get an at-large or maybe even two once in a while.

- Big 10 has some good regional partners with Hopkins and Maryland. Michigan and Ohio State start to push things a bit far, and any new Big 10 programs would stretch the footprint further. They definitely get some at-larges.

- Patriot gets an occasional at-large and they're a great academic/size fit for us. Maybe a bit of a northern stretch on the footprint, but we would have Loyola and Navy. Would they be interested in an associate member?

- The new ASUN offers nothing more than the SoCon but with a worse footprint.

Good analysis SF .....SoCon is best feasible option currently with automatic bid. Obviously need to win that bid with High Point being the main ongoing rival. As far as Patriot would be good to continue to play Loyola and to get Navy on the schedule.

I'm sure that they are considering their options.
I'm not sure Towson, Delaware, UMass, and Drexel wouldn't be the better mix.
Anything north offers better recruiting possibilities. Look at our roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT