ADVERTISEMENT

Roussell has some work to do

Spiders have picked up JMU grad transfer Steph Ouderkirk. She started the first 26 games of this season, but got moved to the bench in mid-February. Only averaged 18 minutes and 3.3 points, in the same range as her previous three seasons.

Spiders have picked up JMU grad transfer Steph Ouderkirk. She started the first 26 games of this season, but got moved to the bench in mid-February. Only averaged 18 minutes and 3.3 points, in the same range as her previous three seasons.

She's going to enjoy being at a real university,

Biophysical chemistry major...not for the faint of heart even at JMU I imagine. (Though I'm biased as a chem/biochem major myself.)

Reactions: urfan1
I want to be excited about a Spider pickup, but I can't say I am. I was expecting better than a low scoring bench player from jmu coming off a 29-6 Spider season.

Budnik does have another year if she wants it. No word yet on whether she's going to use it.

This was March 31, but she still hasn't entered the portal and nothing has been announced about her coming back to UR:

With the season wrapped up, Budnik is sorting out her future. She’ll graduate in June with a business degree and has one year of eligibility remaining because of the COVID exemption, which the NCAA offers to college players who competed during the COVID-impacted seasons.

Remaining at Richmond is a possibility and so is going elsewhere.

“Academics is the main priority,” she said.

Navigating the new world of college athletics can be a bit disorienting.

“I haven’t made any decisions yet,” Budnik said. “It’s definitely a weird time seeing the (players with extra) COVID years and the transfer portal, going on social media and seeing someone new has entered the portal every hour every day.”

She doesn’t expect the process to take long.

“I’m hoping to figure this out in the next couple weeks,” Budnik said. “I’m doing research.”

And she’s savoring the memories of a season for the ages.

So all of our women entering the portal already have a new home. Just scrolling through the list that seems to be fairly remarkable. There's still no news on Budniik as far as I know - hasn't gone the portal route and hasn't committed to playing a fifth year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT