ADVERTISEMENT

CAA Pick Em Challenge

Feb 5, 2013
Sorry guys I forgot to mention to you all last week. I am running a CAA Pick Em on our boards if you are interested.

Link to our board (in case you get lost): JMU Board
Survey link: TBD (once I open this weeks survey)

Rules :

1. Pick your winners for every CAA game STRAIGHT UP the spread is only there to help you know who's favorites

2. Rank the games based on how confident you are that the team you picked will win (most confident at top, least at bottom) AGAIN STRAIGHT UP the spread is only there to help you know who's favorites and by how much since that might effect how confident you are on your pick winning.

3. Please make sure on the confidence ranking that the numbers on the left are in reverse order (12 at top and 1 at bottom) you will have to manually fix this until I figure out how to do it automatically in Survey Monkey

4. Results will be posted by Sunday evening and the new week's survey will open Sunday night/Monday morning every week and will close at first kick of the weeks games. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

SCORING:

You earn points based off a combination of your picks and confidence in those picks. You LOSE point in the same manner. Points are cumulative and add up over the season. There are weekly winners as well as the season winner (you don't really win anything).

EXAMPLE for week 1:

My picks:
Delaware
UConn
SBU
NCST
Buffalo
Pitt
RU
Gardner-Webb
JMU
USF
KU
San Diego

Confidence ranking:
JMU (12 pts)
San Diego (11 pts)
USF
Kansas
Delaware
Pitt

UConn
Buffalo
NC State
Stony Brook

Gardner-Webb
Richmond (1pt)

Say I get the ones above in bold right I have 64 points from correct picks and -14 pts from wrong picks I would end up with 50 pts this week.

For week 1: We did not do the confidence rankings because lots of people got confused thinking they were picking against the spread and many didn't even do them. So for week 1 it was just a point if you got the pick right and take away a point if it was wrong.

Let me get this straight. You invite us after the first week, tell us (in all caps) that no late submissions will be accepted and then refer to us as "RU" in the text?

With all the sincerity that i can offer you ... Go F Yourself.

Reactions: wr70beh and whampas
I meant no late submissions on a weekly basis you are free to join starting this week. And this was copied and pasted from all other boards I've posted on so that's the all caps, emphasis etc. And if you are going to get that pissed off about RU then wow you need help. Enjoy your season and enjoy the beat down on November 5th.

Remember Morehead State,Dean0.We will.Bye bye Dean Zero.Beat up on a junior varsity high school with no scholarships.Tough guys.If your QB attempts to run on us we have a nice semiprivate room picked out for him at MCV.

Last edited:
I meant no late submissions on a weekly basis you are free to join starting this week. And this was copied and pasted from all other boards I've posted on so that's the all caps, emphasis etc. And if you are going to get that pissed off about RU then wow you need help. Enjoy your season and enjoy the beat down on November 5th.
Your colors are still purple and yellow and you will forever be the Duchess to me. Bring your best game 11/5, we will.

Remember Morehead State,Dean0.We will.Bye bye Dean Zero.Beat up on a junior varsity high school with no scholarships.Tough guys.If your QB attempts to run on us we have a nice semiprivate room picked out for him at MCV.

Oh I don't think Morehead St means anything. My old high school could've stomped them. But I will say the practices, the attitude around the team; that's what has me excited. I didn't mean to come on your board and disrespect your school or talk trash (until trash was talked to me). I came to invite you all to come participate in a contest. That said November 5th is most definitely circled on my calendar and it will be an amazing game no matter what. I will post the link for week 2 later tonight.

I never condone kicking puppies, but in this case, Duke Dog needs a good square kick from my size 13 boot.

Its hard to respect a team that starts with Morehead St and Central Connecticut St, both home games. Really challenging yourself there. Pretty brave.

Its hard to respect a team that starts with Morehead St and Central Connecticut St, both home games. Really challenging yourself there. Pretty brave.

Trust that isn't my doing and I have been very vocal with our administration over that issue. JMU has no business scheduling the little sister of the poor, it doesn't help the team prepare for the CAA schedule. Issue is we can't afford to travel on a home and home to NDSU, Sam Houston St, J-ville St, so we are stuck with the schedule you see. Only thing I can say as a come back is at least we schedule tougher FBS games SMU, Tech, UNC all > UVA (lame comeback I know).

Royal Puke Football: "Come for the dopey contest. Stick around for the dopey smack talk."

CCSU as host lost to Lafayette by 2 TD's this weekend.Lafayette,yes that's Lafayette.
Back to back heavyweights for Purples.Great way to pad statistics which they have already referenced on their social media.

You really know how to make people feel welcome. I've never really understood the hate towards Tick fans but now I guess I know. Come to invite you all to have some fun and I get attacked. I'll say it again, enjoy your season and I look forward to November 5th. I always enjoy company in my home, me and my friends will make sure you feel welcome in our 2nd home.

Didn't really get off on the right foot when you called us "RU" in your original post..We're not Radford.

Similar to uva, not Va Univ...or Univ of Va Tech, OR James Madison C.C.

You really know how to make people feel welcome. I've never really understood the hate towards Tick fans but now I guess I know. Come to invite you all to have some fun and I get attacked. I'll say it again, enjoy your season and I look forward to November 5th. I always enjoy company in my home, me and my friends will make sure you feel welcome in our 2nd home.
Don't you think you're just a little late on your invitation? Just what did you expect? I've always understood our disdain for the Duchesses.

Didn't really get off on the right foot when you called us "RU" in your original post..We're not Radford.

Similar to uva, not Va Univ...or Univ of Va Tech, OR James Madison C.C.

You are correct and if you read above I said that I didn't mean to come on your board and disrespect you or talk trash. In other words I apologize for referring to UR as RU. But good lord I never realized how sensitive your fan base is about that. IF you want to participate feel free: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/caapickemweek2

Dean - let the skin thicken up a little. You use a bad reference and invite folks a week late. You'd think you'd expect to get at least a little blowback. Enjoy the year. Should be fun.

For the record - it's the week late thing that is the bigger deal. You've already put anyone behind the 8-ball if they join now.

Dean - let the skin thicken up a little. You use a bad reference and invite folks a week late. You'd think you'd expect to get at least a little blowback. Enjoy the year. Should be fun.

For the record - it's the week late thing that is the bigger deal. You've already put anyone behind the 8-ball if they join now.

Yes it's a week late but it was also something that didn't even start til Thursday morning (day of 1st games) and at most you are behind by 8 points. That was the top score this week since we didn't use the confidence rankings as a multiplier. Considering that there are 66 possible points this week (11 games), I don't think you guys are behind the 8 ball too much. I certainly do hope to see some of your names in there, just more opportunity to talk trash with my favorite fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT