ADVERTISEMENT

Bill and Mary 7pm Sat Game Thread

Sounds like theres an actual crowd there. Nothing beats the Day night football basketball double header.

Randolph looks very capable. It appears he’s been running point for the last few minutes

Yes we did, and it did.
I’m still laughing.

Mooney makes a terrible substitution at the end by putting back in Nelson. And then draws up a horrible play to conclude the game. Let’s not even bring up the fact that we were down 19 at half.

I’ll keep watching because I won’t let Mooney take it away from me. Beyond frustrating.

Reactions: SpiderK
Start slow or downright terrible. right where we want them. Mini run coming by spiders but it won’t be enough again. Seriously how we r preparing the team to be ready at tip-off needs to be reevaluated like yesterday.

Nailed it. Left out the take air out of ball late. 2 pts last 4:22 & 0 last 3+.

I really need to hear how all the Mooney supporters spin this. He really isn't a very good coach. I care less about the program every day that he is here. Losses don't bother me like they used to. Some are comical because you know how it's going to end. This was one of them. Lol.

The epitome of a Mooney loss. Same sh@te, different game. End of game scoring drought and throw in the opponent’s winning bucket from an offensive rebound

So I didn’t get to watch the game. Questions:

1. How did we end up down 17 at half
2. How did we come back
3. The gamecast made me think we were just chucking up threes, true? 24 of 52 shots?

Well, you Mooney truthers asked for this, and you got it. Didn’t watch this game, as I was focused on FB tonight. This is the equivalent of losing to Longwood, Delaware, Purple…. Can’t wait for the excuses from the truthers this time ‘round..

So I didn’t get to watch the game. Questions:

1. How did we end up down 17 at half
2. How did we come back
3. The gamecast made me think we were just chucking up threes, true? 24 of 52 shots?

I was at the game. It was a decent crowd and the football game definitely helped based on chatter around me. They have a beer garden court side that was packed an hour before and throughout the game.

1) Left 3 point shooters wide open and they hit them. Just like every other team the Spiders play. Spider offense bogged down with “ring around the perimeter” offense just like other games. Had 2 shot clock violations. Did some pressing, but not able to get any turnovers.

2) Press started to work and the team got some energy. Burton started hitting a bunch of threes. W&M still wide open for 3, but missed them. When W&M tried to drive, the taller Spiders blocked shots or knocked ball away.

3) Yes. Reminded me of the first couple games of the season. It is like they reset back to game 1 after the one week break and lost all the lessons learned from games played this season.

Ugh the ring around the perimeter offense against Cuse was maddening. It was like there was a force field preventing anything. But the same against Bill and Mary? That is flat out unacceptable. Glad I wasnt watching the game.

This is the most frustrating part of Mooney-coached teams: it literally almost never matters who we are playing and how good or awful they are, the games typically go the same way. We have been down by double digits to good teams and terrible teams. We have lost close games to good and terrible teams.

Unless we play a top-25 team, odds are tonight's game will be a blueprint for how it will go.

Do I have this right: Roche started, but then proceeded to play 16 minutes and go 0 for 2? What in the actual hell?

Reactions: gospidersgo
Well, you Mooney truthers asked for this, and you got it. Didn’t watch this game, as I was focused on FB tonight. This is the equivalent of losing to Longwood, Delaware, Purple…. Can’t wait for the excuses from the truthers this time ‘round..
They’ll just label us as 15 haters. That is when they come out of hiding to assure us that all is “A ok in Mooneyville”. We are told the board supports him, UR Facebook fans support him, and attendance at the RC is good. So all is good and looking up.

Games like an embarrassing loss to a team like W and M should never happen. We left CAA bb for a reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT