ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball starts Friday Feb 14th

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
Any input on how the team looks?

It appears we have a ton of Home games this year.

Check out Coach Woodson's pre-season interview on the Spider website. He pretty much sums up the look of the team. We'll have a pretty good guess as to whether this analysis is true come Monday, that is, if the team can get to Jax. Although the season's beginning doesn't mean very much, we'll have an idea how competitive we will be because the teams in Jax are all pretty good.

0-2 start, I still think this should be a good season so let's learn from this and get better

Is this a function of the new coaching staff and the comfort level of guys? I feel like though in baseball that should be less of a factor. You individually hit, field and pitch. This is an extremely shaky start and these were not strong teams.

I always wonder howich the lack of quality indoor facilities hurt our teams offseason progression and preparation for the season.

We always seem to have a team that struggles early and then comes along as the season progresses.

I thought pitching was suppose to be our strength. At this stage I cannot see any aspect of our game that is is a strength.

Even though it was posted here maybe the team wasn't aware the season started on the 14th. Let's hope they right the ship with the games against ODU here.

We are getting shut out by ODU through 7. If we can't score runs in mid-week games, we are in for a brutally bad season.

We go down 0-3 record now 0-7. Is this the worst baseball start in modern history?

Was Tracy just showing blind optimism in his pre-season comments about the team or did he miss the mark in his evaluation of our talent?

We've scored a total of 19 runs in 7 games--that's not even 3 per. You're not going to win any scoring less than 3 runs per game at the college level.

Looks like this team could join our "booby prize" football teams that went 0-11 back in 1979 and 1982 and the basketball team that went 4-22 (don't recall the year).....oh yes our football team that lost something like 19 straight over 2 seasons and had the longest losing streak in the country!

Originally posted by SpiderFan:
We've scored a total of 19 runs in 7 games--that's not even 3 per. You're not going to win any scoring less than 3 runs per game at the college level.
Brutal.

Can we change the title of this thread to read, "Baseball starts Friday Feb 28th," perhaps?

Six of the next 7 games, all at home, are against teams below us in the RPI. Let's start a winning streak and get back to .500 soon.

Whew...so it's our 182nd ranked strength of schedule that's saving our bacon on the RPI? Because our own 0-7 record ain't contributing anything. Good to see we're losing to mediocre-at-best teams and not just horrible teams.

Next up -Fairfield.At 0-2,they lost to University of North Fla twice-a team which we lost to as well.This looks like a pick-em series but the Stags hit the ball well in those 2 losses.Connecticut winter has been a beast so coming to Richmond they will think they are in the Caribbean.

This post was edited on 2/27 8:10 PM by 32counter

UNF vs Stags box Game 1

Need to get that first win tomorrow so maybe the guys will have some confidence going into the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT