ADVERTISEMENT

Bandwagon

Would be nice if the anti Mooney folks would at least come out and support our guys at home. Boston College this Saturday afternoon. You can still hate Mooney if you wish but support this team.
Every home game, my friend. Still don't like Mooney, but am liking what I am seeing from this team right now.

Reactions: KWeaver
Is this the NCAA bandwagon? Cause I’ve been a conductor of 1. Got a first class ticket for ya Lurker. Just say NCAA and it’s yours.

Reactions: Spider93
Time to give the billboard credit for lighting the fire.....it even got air time tonight.
so ridiculous.
yeah, the billboard lit a fire under Mooney and galvanized the team last year. how'd that work out? they supposedly got more focused and worked harder ... and we still lost 20 games. and the fmm didn't get the replacement they wanted.

the difference is the roster. we added a terrific guard who was already added but watching last season. we added Sherod, who's now healthy and playing his best ball. our bench is incredibly improved including two guys that started games last year, plus a big man who's come along way and a terrific freshman. all of this was happening without a billboard.

so ridiculous.
yeah, the billboard lit a fire under Mooney and galvanized the team last year. how'd that work out? they supposedly got more focused and worked harder ... and we still lost 20 games. and the fmm didn't get the replacement they wanted.

the difference is the roster. we added a terrific guard who was already added but watching last season. we added Sherod, who's now healthy and playing his best ball. our bench is incredibly improved including two guys that started games last year, plus a big man who's come along way and a terrific freshman. all of this was happening without a billboard.
Speaking of the roster, I was looking for something else earlier today and remembered that Crabtree & Wilson get added next season...

so ridiculous.

To this point, we replaced Yates and Julius with Francis and Burton. Then we got Sherrod back. Plus development from the rest of the roster.

To put it another way, Wojcik (who I like by the way) was a starter for us last year, averaging 30 mins a game. This year, after a year of development, he is 9th man (?) and is averaging 11.4 mins a game (and only played 5 against Wisconsin). To me that screams that the roster has mightily improved.

so ridiculous.

To this point, we replaced Yates and Julius with Francis and Burton. Then we got Sherrod back. Plus development from the rest of the roster.

To put it another way, Wojcik (who I like by the way) was a starter for us last year, averaging 30 mins a game. This year, after a year of development, he is 9th man (?) and is averaging 11.4 mins a game (and only played 5 against Wisconsin). To me that screams that the roster has mightily improved.

Reactions: Spider93
Time to give the billboard credit for lighting the fire.....it even got air time tonight.
Yup, put the billboard up and hurt the University, hurt basketball recruiting, bad mount the coach, university administration and board, say we are going to be terrible this year, make fun of Money saying this is the best class ever and when all goes opposite of what you say and try to achieve, take credit for the success of the team.

Last edited:
Yup, put the billboard up and hurt the University, hurt basketball recruiting, bad mount the coach, university administration and board, say we are going to be terrible this year, make fun of Money saying this is the best class ever and when all goes opposite of what you say and try to achieve, that credit for the success of the team.
Nah. I think it worked.

so ridiculous.

It's also possible all of this is happening with a different coach.

Are you saying our Chris Mooney isn't the real "Chris Mooney"? That he was replaced sometime after the end of last season? That the current Chris Mooney is a clone of some type? If so, we need more of it.
I was merely suggesting another coach might be just as successful with the same roster. I’m sure that will be an unpopular opinion with some and wildly popular with others.

Regarding your jest (I think?), there’s something to be said for the likelihood of a pod person. This guy looks like the coach but he’s playing ten guys and running an entirely different defense. So maybe he’s an imperfect clone.

Yup, put the billboard up and hurt the University, hurt basketball recruiting, bad mount the coach, university administration and board, say we are going to be terrible this year, make fun of Money saying this is the best class ever and when all goes opposite of what you say and try to achieve, take credit for the success of the team.

I would pay good money to see "bad mount the coach".

Don't bring the kids.

It's also possible all of this is happening with a different coach.
no argument here. a ton of coaches can win with a talented roster and we have one this year and next for sure. hardest part is acquiring and developing enough talent.

no argument here. a ton of coaches can win with a talented roster and we have one this year and next for sure. hardest part is acquiring and developing enough talent.
It begs the question why was the recruiting so bad for 3-4 years.

Reactions: KWeaver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT