ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going back to Covid testing for footballers and staff?

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
It sure feels like it.The unvaccinated could ruin the entire fall football season.

Will be curious as to what protocols the CAA will adopt for Covid testing.

I dont figure the SEC will have any protocols.

Last edited:
Don't all students, faculty and staff have to be vaxxed to be on campus this fall? That should help reduce the risk considerably.

Any university that hasn't adopted a similar regulation is administered by fools.

UR is only requiring it once one of the vaccines has been fully approved by the FDA, which is unlikely before school starts. And even then, there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons, and here's the loophole..."personal convictions strongly and sincerely held by the person seeking the exemption."

Unvaccinated people on campus will have to mask, routinely test, and have other restrictions, so hopefully those inconveniences will drive most holdouts to go ahead and get it.

Reactions: Wood Hall
SEC not messing around - you can’t play, you forfeit. Will be interesting if that approach spreads. That’s the way to get college kids.

August 1 is the deadline for reporting, so yeah, they should get on it.

I think the logic is, if you’re not intelligent enough to get vaccinated you shouldn’t be in
my college.
My local state university is mandating the vax. Good. My county is almost 80% vaxxed. You want to come here to school and be a guest in my community, get a shot. I don't want somebody from Eastern/Southern Oregon, where some county vax rates haven't even hit 50%, bring that shit to my city.

My local state university is mandating the vax. Good. My county is almost 80% vaxxed. You want to come here to school and be a guest in my community, get a shot. I don't want somebody from Eastern/Southern Oregon, where some county vax rates haven't even hit 50%, bring that shit to my city.
If you are vaccinated you have nothing to worry about. You are protected! Leave everyone else alone.

If you are vaccinated you have nothing to worry about. You are protected! Leave everyone else alone.
If they wouldn't be infecting otherwise healthy people, and filling up our emergency rooms and hospitals so elective surgeries are not possible, and pushing medical workers to the brink, I would. But they are a menace to society.

So Washington County has close to 75,000 unvaccinated adults while Lake County has probably 2,000 unvaccinated adults according to Oregon Public Health. These statistics come from an article yesterday from Oregon Public Broadcasting. Do you consider those 75,000 people from the Portland area a menace to society or just the ones from Eastern and Southern Oregon?

All of the unvaccinated present a higher level of "menace to society" than those who are vaxxed regardless of domicile. But your stats are pretty misleading given Washington County's population of over 600K and Lake County's population of under 8K. And Portland is in Multnomah County so Washington County is both suburb and exurb to Portland itself.

So Washington County has close to 75,000 unvaccinated adults while Lake County has probably 2,000 unvaccinated adults according to Oregon Public Health. These statistics come from an article yesterday from Oregon Public Broadcasting. Do you consider those 75,000 people from the Portland area a menace to society or just the ones from Eastern and Southern Oregon?
Washington County has a lower death rate and a lower positivity rate. It is also vaccinated at a much higher level. The higher the percentage of vaccinated people - Multnomah is approaching 80% - the much less chance you have of catching Covid.

So yes, Eastern and Southern Oregon remain the primary areas that are menaces to society in Oregon. And the area with the lowest rates of vaccination, the highest rates of positive tests, and the highest death rates per 1,000.

Okay. I guess if you live in a densely populated area you don’t really count as much because you are a smaller % of the overall numbers. I hope more and more folks get vaccinated wherever they live, in addition to being more aware of how a healthy diet can help us all to live longer. I know it is a lot easier to eat healthy when you have the means to do so.

Oregon is a beautiful state. My brother has lived out there for almost 40 years, Portland, Corvallis and now Philomath. I am lucky that I am able to visit there about once a year.

Hopefully we have uninterrupted seasons this year. We have a tough schedule. Looking forward to the start in 6 weeks.

Just had lunch in Philomath today. I've lived in Corvallis since 1984. Wonderful city. A good friend of mine just got hired as the new Philomath FB coach. Small world.

Just to be clear, I don't want anyone unvaccinated coming to Benton County. From anywhere.

Also ready for an uninterrupted season. I plan on being at UR for homecoming.

Reactions: 32counter
Seems fitting that we’re in seemingly the only conference that can’t set a policy.

wonder what the holdup is.

Seems fitting that we’re in seemingly the only conference that can’t set a policy.

wonder what the holdup is.
D’Antonio has no sway.Figurehead.

JMU,UD working out what they want.That conclusion will set protocols and game decisions.And some time it will be served up to others for their affirmation.

Haven't had chance to read it, suppose team A can play but B cannot. By the next am B comes off quarantine and can play but A now is unable to play -- what happens?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT