ADVERTISEMENT

AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT

lot of difference between me wanting to run my business like i want to run it rather than how some city councilman wants to run it and running through the streets naked, do not go there. if you are so naive as to not see what has happened and is happening with law after law, every single year being passed, hundreds of laws, many infringing on personal freedoms, then just keep on smiling and saying it is OK. deep down, you have to know better. bottom line is our government was never designed, intended to do a bunch of things they are now doing, attempting to solve everyone's problems. come on, they are so inefficient, so bloated, so fraud ridden, they should be doing much, much less, not more. am talking government at all levels but certainly the federal government for sure. in addition to them not doing more but less, almost every program they are running is broke and they cannot afford to add anything else YET, they continue to bring on more programs. no company, individual, non-profit could be run in this manner and survive, even with a printing press.

This post was edited on 12/7 11:43 AM by WebSpinner

I'm sorry to see comments about the US having the best health care in the world. Sadly enough, statistics say otherwise. While the US spends the most on health care per capita in the world, the results are not the best. Our citizens have shorter expected life spans and more of our babies die than in most other "developed" nations. Oddly enough, most of those other nations have socialized medicine. Not sure if it's coincidental or not. I would guess that it's not, but I have nothing to prove it right now.

For people who are so consistently concerned about people not taking their money (the government, in particular), I am always shocked by the people who are so willing to pay such high costs for, on average, less than the best.

Ultimately, I get most tired by the whole "what about MY rights?" (the individual) taking priority over "what about OUR rights?" (society as a whole). Too bad. As a democracy, though, I think we should generally keep in mind that it's the rule of the PEOPLE for the PEOPLE, not the rule of the PERSON for the PERSON. If we want to have "society," then we can't keep looking out only for number one, here.

This post was edited on 12/7 11:16 PM by KWeaver

we designed our government to be unlike the kings and to not allow that to happen and we also designed it to do certain things, not micro manage our lives but that is what we are "progressing" towards. we do have the best healthcare in the world but we also have a socio-economic problem in our country which a number of other countries do not face which skews numbers exponentially. canadians still flow in great numbers here for treatment and we all know what system they have up there. again, statistics are only numbers and cannot always reflect what the story is. i understand how our system works and am a law abiding individual but at some point, you have to say enough is enough and just leave us alone and allow us to live our lives without having to complete 100 forms in duplicate to do anything. bet we all could live normally and nicely without the past 5,000 laws that have been enacted. am being a tad facetious here but you should get the point and we still have a few outposts of communism around the world should one wish to partake of such five year plans.

I am sure that YOU could live nicely, and I could live nicely, but there are a lot of people suffering and not living nicely because of the fact that they cannot afford healthcare. Probably most of us on this board could live nicely. Nevertheless, I am willing to give up some of my own comforts for others to live better.

You mention people who live in Canada who come to the US for medical procedures and such. There are also thousands of people who are leaving the US to go elsewhere for procedures. Medical tourism is a growth industry. People are finding that they can buy a plane ticket, go to some place exotic, have a procedure done, pay for hotels, good meals, etc., see the world, and still come back less in debt than they would have been had they stayed in Sheboygan and went to their local hospital there. Is this an indicator of "THE BEST?"

If not statistics, should we just count on anecdotal evidence? "I know a guy who got screwed…" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Statistics are our only hope in this regard. How do they NOT reflect the story?

the canadians i came into contact with, a ton, were not on vacation, they could not access care there because of government, socialized rationing. americans mostly go to other countries for care when it comes to alternative therapies which cannot, due to government regulators, be found here.

believe me, understand those in need, was one but also understand that we have created a huge underbelly of people who depend, not temporarily, but their entire lives on the government, their mommy and daddy, to take care of them and we can do much better than that, a pitiful situation. because of where i came from, give money, give time to help those in need and pushed my kids in the same direction and they continue to do the same as young adults. there is a move, a political one, to keep dependent people dependent and to create more dependent people and think that is just atrocious and not how and why our country was founded the way it was. i believe in sacrifice and am more than willing to do my part but in no way do i feel that the government is the answer to the healthcare problem and a lot of other problems, feel they are more a part of the problem not the solution.

I can speak with very real knowledge regarding what Americans are traveling for, health-wise, and it is not simply alternative therapy as you suggest. I know of many Americans who do all their dental work abroad. Not alternative therapy, mind you. All of their dental work. I know of people who have gone abroad to have back surgery. I know of people who have gone abroad to have knee surgery, hip replacements, etc. This is real stuff, and not alternative therapy. It is happening more and more. Trust me on this.

I am not against personal responsibility. But more and more studies show that people who are born into poverty are very likely never to leave it. And, if we want to change this, we have to make a societal change that does not include social Darwinism.

feel i was speaking from direct personal knowledge on alternative therapies as well and have not heard of americans going abroad to have any medical procedures done when they could have the same procedures here, not calling you a fibber, just never heard of it. our poverty here is at a cadillac level compared to third world countries and all that we have ended up creating with our fight on poverty is dependence not a solution. have we made a dent in it after trillions spent in the way we have attacked it? am all for giving a helping hand, do it all the time on a group and individual basis so do not have my head in the sand but we have an agenda based deal going that only perpetuates not solves. as i said, have experienced it and did not solve our (my) personal situation with government help or a government program. just because we pass legislation, does not make it the right decision or the right solution, we have screwed many things up over the decades, centuries, slavery and prohibition come to mind so this so call "affordable" healthcare solution may not be and probably is not the solution either. love our government our system but when the government handles something, it is typically done very inefficiently, with huge waste and cost overruns and huge fraud involved and this is starting out with a bang with this computer deal already, even before it screwed up, costing 2 to 3 times more than it was supposed to and the GAO, some time ago saying that the cost of this deal was already double what the prez and dems said it would cost. why have the government running this when they cannot handle a one car funeral without it being a cluster fu$$, just makes no common sense at all. wanting something solved, improved, changed, does not mean that the government has to control it, we have all seen, things usually go the other way when those who want to do good lead the charge. good intentions do not equate, many times and most of the time when the government is in charge, to a solution or a better situation. the law is here and we will see how it plays out but my bet is this is going to be a very bad deal and not because of the rollout at all, but because it will take more of our freedom away, choices away and we will be told what we can and cannot do by bureaucrats and care will be rationed big time. Weaver, we are just on different sides of this issue and neither of us will change our minds, both want what is best for the country but feel that can be accomplished in different ways, different methods. your way is the way we are going and geez would love for it to be great but have been around too long to even think we have a sniff with this monstrosity to have a chance of being even average.

This post was edited on 12/8 3:41 PM by WebSpinner

I'm always happy to agree to disagree, though I think it's important to take a look at what is going on in the US. You mention 3rd world nations here. I live in Ecuador now. I have been here for about 10 years (working), which is why I know a fair amount about who is coming for what types of surgeries and such locally. There are certainly people who go elsewhere for alternative treatment (think Kobe Bryant going to Germany, for example), and many others who travel for cosmetic surgery! But, I am talking about regular treatment to fix things.

Realistically speaking, there are many places in the US, poverty wise, that are worse off than just about anywhere here. When I hear about food deserts and healthcare problems in the US, it pains me greatly. The US in many places is much more "third world" than much (most?) of the developing world. And that's a horrible thing. It has nothing to do with government "handouts" -- It's because society has allowed this to happen in one way or another. In general, the rich feed off the poor. The stories about Black Friday and Thanksgiving are perfect examples of the rich feeding off the poor -- poor people working, poor people buying, and someone getting rich off the whole thing. There is a real problem there.

Sticking with the original topic of healthcare, though, the market hasn't resolved anything for years, and many people can't take care of themselves. It's worth trying another system, especially one that has proven to work very well in many other places. I will admit that there is a chance that socialized medicine could indeed be a problem in the US, given the sheer size and population of the country. But, what we have in the US is extremely broken. Basic human rights are being ignored in a number of cases. Specifically, the right to live. If people can't get treatment because they can't get insurance, they essentially have been given a death sentence. And that is wrong.

not sure equador is considered third world but you can feel that way if you desire. we live in a free country and people make bad decisions and people are born with bad circumstances and some are born rich and guess what, they both can screw up. as far as i know all people, including illegals, are treated in the US. poor people have medicaid but young people, mostly, elect not to have health insurance and the polls say that they are not going to buy it under this new system either. i feel commerce is great on fridays or anytime and to not even understand simple economics is amazing. blame everything on people in business who risk it all to do something with themselves, not the people who choose to drop out and then complain that they cannot make enough to live on, absurd. who is coming there for treatment? what is the demographic? how many? do the docs work on black friday? at least people have a choice which they will probably not have going forward. think you should move to cuba where healtcare is so first class and cigars are great and people die trying to get out.

I feel like Spinner needs a friend in the thread......our current system may not be perfect, but it has created the best healthcare and the most scientific and treatment advances in the world. Sure, maybe someone leaves the country to go to Ecuador for treatment but that makes me question the treatment they are seeking. There are lots of inequalities in the US yet people all around the world still want to come here. It sure seems to me like many of the people who feel they are disadvantaged were born in this country as were their parents. I know several people that have immigrated to this country and have built successful businesses, educated their children, and live very comfortably. That tells me if you want to do it, you can do it. I personally am tired of the idea that if you have been successful it is because you were born into money or had some other advantage over others. Obama made some reference to that during the campaign - what a ridiculous and irresponsible thing to say. If that guy can be elected - twice no less - then that is as strong a signal as any that anyone can do anything in America. Too many people just want the handout or the excuse as to why they didn't get it. This healthcare change is going to create the exact same thing. There will be 2 healthcare systems - one government system and one system that people who can afford it will create for themselves. One will be inefficient, substandard, and a drain on the economy and the other will be world class, innovative, and successful. Of course this will be the fault of big business, the pharma companies, and Wall Street, but what isn't? This country continues to move away from personal responsibility and self sufficiency and that is an unsustainable trend. The path we are on is the wrong one and the answer is not found in Washington DC.

My beef is primarily with the "loss of rights" argument. I don't think anyone is losing rights in this country. We may want more rights than we have, but that's probably been the case ever since the Constitution took effect. The federal government exists to provide a foundation and general direction that it believes will best serve the country as a whole, rather than each of us as individuals. It will make decisions that you and I disagree with from time to time, but that doesn't mean our rights have been taken away.

The Bill of Rights doesn't promise anyone the right to ride a motorcycle without a helmet or the right to allow smoking in a restaurant he/she owns. It does promise the right to speak freely without being arrested, the right to vote, seek elected office, etc. If someone has lost any of THOSE rights, I'd be interested to hear about it.

I heard Gary Player interviewed this week about the death of Nelson Mandela, and he said something that is particularly apropos here: "I don't believe we're all born equal. But what I want to know in my
life is that I have equal opportunity. That's the thing that we've got
to create in the world."

I don't believe that it is government's responsibility to provide unlimited handouts to the poor, sick, uninsured and disadvantaged. We should not be encouraging people to remain unemployed or to complain because someone else has succeeded. But I do think if we are to be honest with ourselves, it is a much tougher road to success for a kid born in the ghetto to a single, unemployed mom in poverty who has no insurance than it is for a kid born to two middle-class or upper-class parents. That's not to say the poor kid can't succeed or the rich kid can't fail, but the initial opportunities are simply different. The poor kids often do NOT have the same opportunities to succeed.

I do think government should be there to provide those in need with basic support for a certain, finite, well-defined period of time, with requirements -- again, for the betterment of society as a whole. The alternative is to do nothing and then have to deal with the drain on society that a growing population of people who are sick and unemployed people would create. Poor, sick people with no access to money, healthcare or help will steal or turn violent to survive, then perhaps spread disease, end up incarcerated (where we pay to keep them) or drain the healthcare system (our rates increase as a result) and die. That's not a chain of events or an outcome that is good for society.

In the case of the ACA, I believe the intent was to address this cycle in part. Of course, it has not been implemented well, IMO, and certainly is a very complicated matter to begin with. I don't think the Obama administration has communicated things effectively, and it certainly has failed to keep some of its promises related to the ACA. I don't think those failures mean the overall concept necessarily is a flawed one, though.

Going slightly off-topic here...

I think it's ridiculous that some states allow people to claim unemployment for years. I know someone who was getting $65k a year in Massachusetts to sit on her ass after she intentionally got herself fired because she didn't want to work anymore. Then she "applied" for positions every few months that she had no chance of getting (CEO-level jobs) just to show her "good-faith" effort. That's ridiculous and should never be allowed to happen. Talk about a drain on society.

I don't think we ought to keep paying more welfare to single moms who are unemployed and keep having more kids. I don't think we should be rewarding people who come here illegally from other countries. Come legally, the way my grandfather and millions of others did, or don't come at all. I don't favor raising minimum wage, because I think that takes away the incentive for people who are working minimum wage jobs to better themselves.

The solutions to all these issues usually are not black and white. But I think the common thread through all of them -- the solution that could help provide equal opportunity for all kids, better job opportunities for the unemployed and minimum wage workers, hope for those without it, economic development in communities nationwide -- is education. That's one area in which we must do better, and since most kids are educated through public school systems, it's an area for which I would support more government funding.

I hate to even tread onto this thread. Talk about a hot button item. I believe there is a very simple solution to the majority of the problems that were "fixed" by the ACA. The alleged issue is the uninsured, those that are uninsurable, etc. We have been paying for the medical care of the uninsured for years, nobody is denied medical care. We pay for it with higher taxes, higher medical costs and other ways. The appeal of the ACA was that everyone was now going to pay something, we'll see. But borrow from the auto insurance industry for a solution. If you want to write health insurance in Virginia, Utah, Iowa or any other state, provide certain minimum coverage's and accept a certain percentage of the uninsurables, or don't write in that state.

agree that we should only promise opportunity not success and feel we are doing that to a large degree. we have unfortunately created a perpetual under class with most of these programs and that is not a solution but a problem and that needs to be fixed. my only beef with the government take over is that it is absolutely the worst entity to run anything this big. the government is inefficient, wasteful, fraud-ridden and has cost over runs on any program it runs. it is just the wrong institution to do this and it is going to be a cluster fu&& as it goes along and feel sorry for my kids and grand kids as they attempt to navigate and have to be involved with this way of providing healthcare. the roll out is nothing compared to what is coming but does give us a preview as to how inept the government is and the bottom line is, the country cannot afford this program, already broke and this exacerbates it exponentially. the .gov system has already cost 2 to 3 times what they projected and this is before they realized it had problems so now the cost will probably be 10 times higher and this is just a small piece of the total deal. the government was not designed or intended to things like this and for obvious reasons. sit back and enjoy. ps: no matter how bad it might be and how much you guys want to have anything but it in the future, will never be able to get rid of it, a program in perpetuity, ain't government great.

This post was edited on 12/14 7:15 PM by WebSpinner

came across this article and it reflects the little things that govenments, at all levels, are taking away from us. obviously, do not know if this guy is attempting to run a "detail shop" out of his house but if he is just washing his car in his own driveway, totally ridiculous but a good example of what i detest.

This post was edited on 12/23 8:41 PM by WebSpinner

YOUR OWN DRIVEWAY??

While I agree with everything Spinner has said about this, I come to this board to get away from things like political discussion so I will not jump in on this.

I'm just curious after reading all of Weaver's posts on this, why have you been in Ecuador for 10 years? Work, family, missionary, retirement? Just curious. Also curious if you still pay taxes here and whether or not you have a dog in this race. Not meant to be mean or disrespectful, I just was wondering....

I serve the health care industry. Almost 6 million individual insurance plans have been canceled. These are plans that cover more than one person, estimates are that more than 10 million people have lost coverage. According to Ezekiel Emmanuel, Rahm's brother and an architect of Obamacare, they intended for this to happen, so that these individuals would transition onto the exchanges. However, this has not occurred as planned, in part because the insurance costs for these individuals have doubled or even tripled. Deductibles are much higher and out of pocket costs for policies are greater.

The statement by president Obama "if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep your plan. Period." is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. They knew this was false, they knew what they were doing and they did it anyway. They have spent almost $1 trillion on the health plan implementation for what? The money would have been better spent putting it aside for those who really need help, not throwing it down a sink hole.

politicians lie, fib, hide the truth, will never change but the main point is that most people will not be better off under this monstrosity of a law. plus, our government, god bless them, is broke and we cannot afford this and most individuals and families cannot afford this either. this has been a goal of the democrats for decades and now it is a legacy situation rather than what is best for the people. that is a shame that we cannot do what is right, not what makes someone feel better about themselves. a ton of the programs we have installed over the decades sound good, are trying to do good but they only keep a bad situation going, making it worse even but as long as they are trying to do good, they think that is OK, it is about our intentions not if works or not. in the process, we are driving our country into the toilet financially and in this situation, getting involved in our most private, personal parts of our lives. on top of all that, our government would mess up a one car funeral, it is inept and not capable of doing this job efficiently and we will never be able to change this, once there, cannot touch it.

Originally posted by WebSpinner:
politicians lie, fib, hide the truth, ...but the main point is that most people will not be better off under this monstrosity of a law. ...
Yes, politicians lie, but not like this. The drafters of the law knew people were going to lose their policies; the democrats wanted to force these onto the exchanges so there would be a mechanism to fund the exchanges. The one trillion dollars they have spent on this law could buy a lot of health care for the poor.

The drafters have created conglomerations, called Accountable Care Organizations, On one hand, these organizations are forcing the consolidation of the health care industry into a few entities. On the other hand, the Obama administration is prosecuting these firms for monopolistic practices, in violation of the Anti-trust laws.

Originally posted by Eight Legger:

I do think government should be there to provide those in need with basic support for a certain, finite, well-defined period of time, with requirements -- again, for the betterment of society as a whole. ....
Eight Legger, one thing you over look. Why do you want to subsidize the health care of convicted pedophiles? What about convicted sex offenders? How about convicted felons, including murderers? Are these people in need of basic support from our society? The Affordable Care Act makes health insurance a right available to ALL Americans, including pedophiles, sex offenders and murderers. Those who destroy the innocent should not be given lifetime care.

I do not accept the basic premise of the ACA - that to provide coverage for the 15% without insurance you must overhaul the coverage for the 85% that polls show were generally happy with their existing coverage. The mandated ten items that must be covered under ACA is a perfect example of government overreach. One size fits all mentality.

The status quo was not acceptable, but I fear the ACA "cure" is as bad as the disease. I applaud the grand intentions, but there were less intrusive ways to reach broader coverage. The most disturbing aspect of ACA is that we were flat out lied to about the law. If the citizens had known and many who voted for it had known the true impact of the law, it would have never passed.

KE, the moral question is whether sex offenders, pedophiles, murderers, and drug dealers should have a right to health insurance. Why do the worst in society have a right to health coverage, while hard working Americans, who have lost their health insurance, do not?

Originally posted by StonesRiverSpid:Eight Legger, one thing you over look. Why do you want to subsidize the health care of convicted pedophiles? What about convicted sex offenders? How about convicted felons, including murderers? Are these people in need of basic support from our society? The Affordable Care Act makes health insurance a right available to ALL Americans, including pedophiles, sex offenders and murderers. Those who destroy the innocent should not be given lifetime care.
I don't remember specifically championing that these people get subsidized care. At the same time, if they are convicted of these crimes, they will serve their time. If and when they get out, unfortunately, we cannot continue to punish them. They serve their time and then become citizens again. Would I choose to hire someone who had been convicted of any of those crimes? I doubt it. But I'm not sure what more we can do if someone is sentenced to a finite amount of jail time and then is released.

not really concerned if someone did a crime, paid for it and now pays taxes, they get what we get but am concerned with people like my son who is self insured and his premium more than tripled, just got the bill. he keeps asking me why they did this to him and others, why? there is no answer other than some want to force us to do what they want, like, not what the majority of people want. they heard the people and that is why they never reconciled the bill nor took a final vote on the bill, they heard loud and clear the american people did not want this but they just don't care and they knew that the press would not call them on it because the press loves these people in dc, unless they are conservative.

I don't remember specifically championing that these people get subsidized care. At the same time, if they are convicted of these crimes,.... I'm not sure what more we can do if someone is sentenced to a finite amount of jail time and then is released.

Is it right to provide these people with Universal health insurance? Pedophiles and drug addicts have the highest recidivism rates of all crimes. There is a reason for that- they cannot control their actions. If you provide health insurance to a drug addict aren't you enabling the situation? How is it giving them additional punishment? When these people commit egregious crimes, they forfeit the benefits of society. They should also forfeit the benefits of Obamacare. Obamacare has divorced the connection between health care and individual responsibility. You are saying "it's ok that you destroyed the life of a small child, you deserve to be taken care of anyway."

SRP, I am interested in your sharing of knowledge in the health insurance field. My belief so that the govt should have investigated the health insurance companies, one of the most opaque industries we don't enjoy. As with probably many of us, I could write a book and we have some thick files, on our dealings with the company that insures my family. What can your recommend about Hsa's? We received the most bullying letters from our ins co ( been with them for around 30 years) so we will be shopping. Are you in sales, claims or administration.
As to your reference of providing coverage to drug addicts and sex offenders, they don't need coverage, they need care. it's shocking to spend an afternoon in Nottoway Gen Dist Ct listening to the offenses out of VCBR and those cases are not the ones that landed them in the system initially.

obviously not going to take up for this stupid legislation but personal responsibility? we have plenty of people who will be covered who sit around smoking, drinking sodas all day and eating moon pies and fried foods. should they be excluded? cannot pick and choose, it is call universal for a reason. all of the rest sucks but all should be covered.

This post was edited on 1/1 2:25 PM by WebSpinner

not Obamacare, but we do provide free care for murderers, pedophiles etc. When incarcerated there is "free" medical care, otherwise it's cruel and unusual punishment. BTW, in addition, before Obamacare if a murderer, pedophile, etc went to the hospital for care, they received it, free of charge if they couldn't pay. Taxpayers, volunteers, other users picked up the charge. I'm not defending Obamacare, but if we're going to discuss it, let's make sure we keep all the facts in mind.
This post was edited on 1/1 2:51 PM by URFan1

Right. I think we can all agree that pedophiles are sick individuals who have done horrific things and should be punished. But SRS, unless you know of a legal way to continue punishing them after their jail time is up, I'm afraid they will be treated the same as the rest of us.

would suggest that the law exclude the kardashians and other reality tv people, pedophiles are OK.

Obamacare has a provision which provides subsidies for health insurance companies. These subsidies, called Risk Corridors, mandate that the government provide direct payments to insurance companies in the event the risk pool becomes becomes older and sicker than originally projected. Expect the risk pools to be heavily skewed, which will force greater losses onto insurance carriers. If that happens, you can expect a bailout to the insurance industry of several hundred billion this year.

Stones, will confess that my anger and attacks are just based on our govt not being able either financially or administratively do this deal, a complete cluster fu&& in the making and do not know the small stuff that makes up this legislation. what happens with the employer mandate which they delayed, i believe? we see what has happened on the individual side when they would not delay it but forced it out. are you familiar with what is being required of employers and their plans in 2015? will it lead to even more part time employees going forward?

This post was edited on 1/2 11:06 PM by WebSpinner

I will take the issues one at a time. The decision to delay the employer mandate, which the government was not ready to implement, is an illegal and unconstitutional abuse of power by the Obama Administration. However, the effect was to delay the effect of Obamacare on employers until this year- 2014. The mandate was changed to be implemented shortly after election day this year. The effect on health care will be draconian, because ...
In 2010, the Obama Administration estimated that as many as 93 million people will lose their employer-based coverage in 2014. I have posted a link to this research, which identifies an analysis by the Obama administration published in the Federal Register. This was intentional. The administration intends to force these people onto the exchanges as a means to subsidize health care for all. The middle class will either participate in the exchanges, be forced into Medicaid, or go without health insurance. They call this a "transition" into the new system.

93 Million to lose employer based insurance

Spinner, I wanted to follow-up on the Risk Corridors issue. I have posted a link to an article by Marco Rubio in the Wall Street Journal. Sen. Rubio is referencing the action in November by the Obama Administration to suspend the individual mandate for those who have lost their individual plans. In case the link doesn't work, here is the nexus of the issue.

"Risk corridors are generally used to mitigate an insurer's pricing risk. Under ObamaCare, risk corridors were established for the law's first three years as a safety-net for insurers who experience financial losses. [Spinner, this is the bailout] While risk corridors can protect taxpayers when they are budget-neutral, ObamaCare's risk corridors are designed in such an open-ended manner that the president's action now exposes taxpayers to a bailout of the health-insurance industry if and when the law fails.

"Subsequent regulatory rulings have made clear that the administration views this risk-corridor authority as a blank check, requiring no further consultation or approval by Congress. A final rule handed down in March by HHS and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services states: 'Regardless of the balance of payments and receipts, HHS will remit payments as required under section 1342 of the Affordable Care Act."

The article goes on to say that the Obama Administration plans to use this provision to subsidize insurance companies (by paying them directly).

Risk Corridors Explained

Originally posted by Anachnoid:
SRP, I am interested in your sharing of knowledge in the health insurance field. My belief so that the govt should have investigated the health insurance companies, one of the most opaque industries we don't enjoy. ....
Noid, you are correct. However, take a look at the article on Risk Corridors. Obamacare guarantees profits for insurance companies. This a real eye opener.

this is why i have said that the roll out fiasco is small potatoes and just shows that the government is inept and not capable of handling this but the real shi& will hit the fan as this goes forward and everyone's premium is going way up, the quality of care will go downward and the government will be spending huge amounts of money they simply do not have. this entire deal is scary financially not to mention that they cannot do this efficiently but will screw it up so badly. unreal that we allowed this to be forced on us.

Originally posted by StonesRiverSpid:

In 2010, the Obama Administration estimated that as many as 93 million people will lose their employer-based coverage in 2014. I have posted a link to this research, which identifies an analysis by the Obama administration published in the Federal Register. This was intentional. The administration intends to force these people onto the exchanges as a means to subsidize health care for all. The middle class will either participate in the exchanges, be forced into Medicaid, or go without health insurance. They call this a "transition" into the new system.
I followed the link. This statistic is amazing. Obama's own people, in a moment of truth, told the truth. Great post SRS. If even half of this statistic is correct and 45 million people lose their insurance, when added to the 8-10 million so far, that means by the end of this year between 50 and 100 million people will have lost their health insurance.

the objective is to drive the insurers out of business, have one payor, the government and then have all healthcare professionals be govt employees. that is the goal, where they are directing this but may take a few years to get there. there are those who want this, not sure why, just hate the private sector, profits, etc. remember a congress woman stating to a couple of energy company officers who were being grilled, we want to take over your business, run your business. that is the objective of some folks, govt running everything, glad i will be gone for that horror show. we are heading that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT