ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Virginia Cavaliers

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the game against Virginia on Saturday is a fun game for most players, coaches and fans…and the $450K they pay us for the bus ride isn’t too shabby either!

I will be surprised and disappointed if we are not competitive versus rebuilding Virginia who was picked to finish 16th in the 17 team ACC…last I read the Spiders were 19.5 underdogs…a UR upset would be a college football shocker in most circles, but some savvy pundits have the Spiders on their FCS v. BCS upset alert list!

coach Huesman’s been in a lot of these FCS v. BCS games…he discussed what had to happen for the Spiders to battle the Cavs and give ourselves the best chance to win…1) take care of the ball 2) no stupid penalties 3) go to the ball and get the runner on the ground and 4) no QB scramble first downs…that’s a lot to get right and it still might not be enough…we’ll probably need some help from the Cavs too!

the 2016 Cavs were the last BCS win for the Spiders…that squad went on to earn a place in the FCS Playoffs…while in 2011 after defeating Duke in our BCS game the squad went on to an 0-8 CAA season…regardless of how this one turns out conclusions about our team might be hard to draw…it's just a fun game for most folks!

in an interview earlier this week Coach Elliott described the Spiders team heading for C-Ville very well...he warned his team and the public we were coming to win!

let’s hope we give Virginia our best on Saturday night and see where we are at the final gun…that could make for a fun game, knowing that regardless of how it turns out our real season begins on September 7…

enjoy the Prologue…

Go Spiders!

Anybody know the TV viewing options for this game. At the breakfast Bob said there would be more info this week, but I have not seen it.

I think it is on ESPN+
You are right, it shows up in their programing list. When I checked Wednesday it did not, but I have found they are not good at listing until closer to he event,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT