ADVERTISEMENT

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

on paper this seems like about as good a FCS v. BCS match up as the Spiders could hope for...Richmond could be a very strong FCS team while the Cavs are still trying to find themselves in Coach Tony Elliott's third season...

but despite this, the "paycheck game" is FCS v. BCS....Virginia will probably be a double digit favorite...

I know opinions are mixed on the wisdom of playing these games, but as a fan I enjoy seeing how our team measures up against BCS competition...I expect our players look forward to the games also to see how they measure up...most likely UVA never offered a scholarship to anyone of the Richmond roster!

a Richmond win would be a shocking upset to most...if we cannot pull off the win, I'd feel pretty good if we played 60 minutes of high effort, efficient and well executed football on both sides of the ball...if we can do that versus a BCS program it gives us good momentum for the start of the real season against Wofford on 9/7 at The Brick House...

enjoy the Countdown!

Go Spiders!

Certainly not a favorite, but a winnable game IMO. Spiders are due for a fast start and overdue for a BCS win.

My Hoo son says, NO, but we'll share the ecstasy and agony of our respective teams together.

Hoping for a large and boisterous Spider showing.

Spiders, lets get this done!

we’ll need to make some big plays to win. Often these games come down to how well our d-line & secondary can hold up. Feels like UVA is vulnerable if we can start fast.

we’ll need to make some big plays to win. Often these games come down to how well our d-line & secondary can hold up. Feels like UVA is vulnerable if we can start fast.
They will punch us, we'll have to show we can take it AND punch back.

Reactions: DTSpider
2024 Virginia football schedule breakdown: Richmond
The start of the 2024 Virginia football season and year three of the Tony Elliott era is only three months away. The Cavaliers have gone a combined 6-16 in Elliott's first two years at the helm, winning three games each in 2022 and 2023, making 2024 a critical year for this coaching staff and the program as a whole. There were flashes of improvement last fall – a road upset of No. 10 North Carolina last season – and some remarkable individual performances – a record-breaking season from wide
Read in 247Sports: https://apple.news/AoR_V4PX3Rda2llJPzvtlcA

Yep. Manhandled them up front in 2016 (Mendenhall’s first game at UVA). Should be VERY competitive game. I suppose Spides will be 10 point ‘dogs

Reactions: mojo-spider

Wonder where his Int's would rank?​

Career Stats​

See All
Stats

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

More from JOC. Wickersham seems likely to be the choice based on preseason, but Huesman is playing coy.

Huesman said Monday his intention is “probably not” to have a time-sharing arrangement at quarterback. “We’ll probably name one and go with him and work it that way,” said the coach. “I know Kyle’s a little bit bigger player, no question about that, but I think they both can execute whatever we’re asking them to do within the offense.

"I think you go with one and see how things are going. There's not going to be a plan to say, 'Second series, this guy comes in. Second quarter, this guy comes in.' It's probably not going to be along those lines.”

Russ said would likely name starter Wednesday, did not say would be released to public. Speculation is Kyle.

Virginia football: Three matchups to watch vs. Richmond
With the 2024 season opener just three days away, we continue our preview of Virginia's matchup against Richmond on Saturday with a look at the top player matchups to watch. Both teams look drastically different than they did two years ago when the Cavaliers secured a 34-17 win in Charlottesville.
Read in 247Sports: https://apple.news/AXlzzZjOnQl6TUBfs5rAZgw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT